My new iwagumi tank

Discussion in 'The Planted Tank' started by That Guy, Sep 14, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. That Guy

That Guy Aiptasia Anemone

ask the guy who put you in this predicament to buy!

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

You gonna give him a ride to the store? :D

4. That Guy

sure thing but the meter is running :)

5. That Guy

well i reworked the scape a bit and rigged up the hardware. I still have a few more parts that are coming but for now here is where i am at...
    I got an eheim 2215. I got a 200watt inline heater and a 9 watt UV that i am running off the return line from the eheim canister. I managed to fit a 20lb co2 tank in the stand with the canister filter, UV, and heater!! that was a relief :) I also got an ADA beetle CO2 diffusor. I am ordering the drop checker and glass filter pipes from green leaf this week. I am also gonna get some clear flex hose cause i dont like looking at the ugly green hose from the eheim canister...
    So here are some pics of the progress thus far.

I left the hoses long for now just to find the right fit. I am gonna trim everything down, tidy up the wires, mount the transformer box from the UV, the ballast from the light, and the power strip to make it all nice and clean for ease of maintenance.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here is the reworked scape...It looks weird from this angle but i have to move my couch to get a good shot :(
    [​IMG]

6. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

nice work!!! is the tank acrylic?? i dont see any braces or stuctural support?

7. That Guy

no it is glass...It is an ADA tank. very high precision silicone work :) here are some photo's of the progress...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    for the equipment junkies
    CO2 diffusor
    [​IMG]

double drop checker
    [​IMG]

Had a bit of an algae bloom and lost some of the plants :(
    [​IMG]

I spent four hours cleaning and doing a water change...cut my lights back and adjusted the co2 to stay more stable throughout the day. Here is where the tank stands as of today.
    [​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Even with the loss of some of the plants, that tank looks awesome!

10. That Guy

yeah im really liking this FW planted thing lately! it is a nice change from reef tanks. Best part is you dont get that itchy burning feeling you get from having you hands in the water for any length of time. Oh and no pulling urchin spines from your fingers :) that is a definite plus!

11. bbsbliss

bbsbliss Ritteri Anemone

Very elegant... it has that nice, calming effect that fish tanks are SUPPOSED to give you!

12. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

I usually dont like FW tanks, but I do like the looks of this one. I also do love the Asian influence that it has. Looks great GUY. The only thing that I would have done to it, is to have the overflow coming down the walls of the tank like the new SW tanks have. Luna