My new GHA CUC on the way...

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by bmshehan, Feb 2, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

probably had the equivalent of Thanksgiving Dinner and is now sleeping it off. Yes, they do this.

If you're real concerned, pick it up and take it out of the water. If you throw up the second it hits the air, it's dead. If it just smells like a fish tank, you're fine.

2. Click Here!

3. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

Better yet, I'm taking some every 24 hours! I'm waiting till I can notice a difference to post any pics...

Good to hear. If he doesn't move this evening then I will do the tried and true smell test! He can't hang on to anything it doesn't seem and he is so lightweight that when I have my 2 MJ mods going he blows around like a tumbleweed. I have one turned off now and that seemed to do the trick.

4. bmshehan

:cry:Well, just went to check on the hare to see if he had moved and the cleaner shrimp was ripping apart his flesh:(:angry:. I just pulled him out and he doesn't stink but isn't moving so he has to be a gonner. He didn't ink so I am assuming he was already dead before the cleaner got to him. There goes a $25 attempt down the drain:(

1 person likes this.
  5. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

That sucks bm....... Your turbo snails will do some impressive work.

6. bc219

bc219 Millepora

I wish my turbo snails did something with my hair algae, because they don't :(

7. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Well, I'm sorry for your loss but I'm glad you got him out before he started rotting

8. Click Here!

9. szrazzt

szrazzt Purple Spiny Lobster

Try a sally lightfoot. Mine was eating within 15 seconds of hitting the sand. The only time I have had it stop eating for a molt and three days later it was back to constant eating.

10. bmshehan

I was going to but I've heard more bad about them than good. I've heard they are fine as juveniles but get mean and get a taste for corals as they get big...

1 person likes this.
  11. ermano

ermano Zoanthid

sorry about the seahare :( when i was reading i was kinda excited to see the progress..but when i read that it died, i kinda got sad:(

may the reef gods bring you better luck

12. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Man that sucks... Sorry to hare...

1 person likes this.