my new friend

Discussion in 'Clams' started by acenia, Sep 25, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. acenia

acenia Spaghetti Worm

Hey all. I found some new hitch hickers in my tank today.;D I have 2 clams on 2 seperate rocks. One is about the size of a dime and the other of a quarter. I have no clue where they came from. The bigger one is on a rock that i've had in my tank for atleast 2 years. They have a semi transparent / whitish mantle. Can anyone ID these or will they be a mystery for a while?

BTW. i know, i know.... im going through a little (well big) flat worm problem :-/

Heres a pic
    [​IMG]

Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. rickzter

rickzter Torch Coral

Could be scallops or oysters and such. I'm positive those filter feed. Feed them liquid foods like zooplex, phytoplankton, marine snow, cyclop-eeze, etc.

4. jonathan

jonathan Aiptasia Anemone

i suggest dt's but my guess is if the bivalve is small (as indicated in the picture) in size then any extra nutrients within the tank will suffice as food.

5. acenia

acenia Spaghetti Worm

i already feed my tank marine snow once in a while, so i think that should do. Do you guys think they will grow big? And what would be the perfect lighing for them because right now they don't get much?