My new favorite fish! Barnacle Blenny

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by schackmel, Nov 22, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Aaarrrggg

Aaarrrggg Plankton

Thanks guys! I've got my LFS on the case. The chap said they were pretty rare, but he has seen them before. Live Aquaria do have Acanthemblemaria macrospilus, but I'm going to hold out for a Hancock. :D

For anyone interested in Barnacle Blennies, he also said that in his opinion the Haitian Tube Blenny was the coolest. I did a Google image search and came up with this:

[​IMG]

It does look beautiful, but I still like the look of that lipstick wearing Hancock hehe

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

4. Aaarrrggg

Aaarrrggg Plankton

They just came back into stock on Live Aquaria!
    Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Barnacle Blenny

I rang them but unfortunately they can't guarantee which sub species of barnacle blenny you'll get... which sucks because all I want is a little Hancocks muppet baby!

Someone buy some and tell me what they are! :D

5. Aaarrrggg

Aaarrrggg Plankton

I can confirm they have Hancocks at BlueZooAquatics right NOW! The picture on the site is of a different type, but mine arrived today and he's a cutie pie! Just specify wanting a Hancocks Blenny in the checkout comments box.

He's young, so his body is still brown / semi transparent, but that muppet face is unmistakable! :D His eyes are red and lips pink, with a greenish hue to his head. Hoping his colors will darken over time.

I'll take a pic as soon as I find my MIA camera.

6. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Thanks for the heads up!!Good luck with him.8)