My new baby Acan!

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by Birdlady, Jun 26, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Show Off :tongue4::laughings:laughings;D

2. Click Here!

3. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

4. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

5. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

BL:

I know about the problems with the Elegence corals they are having. I saw that study project that mr Eric Borneman at http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-02/eb/feature/index.htm

I did win that auction this afternoon. I have been hitting the books hard about them all weekend to study up on keeping them. I have had such good luck with my torches and my frog spawns in my VHO tank and they are from the same family as the Elegence coral. Lots of feedings I think. Hey rember the torch that I had that was sick....well it was all the temp. I didnt notice the temp had climbed to almost 90 degrees in that tank over a 3 day period. The weather got warm and without any cooling fans on the lights and 2 powerheads running 2 skimmers and 2 for current the temp was really high. I have fans and digital thermometers on my tanks now. The only thing I am dealing with are temp swings but I put the fans on the timers with the lights and that helped. I had the fans running all the time and the tank would get to 80 durring the day and 74 at 2:00 am. Not good but its fixed now and my Torch is looking better than ever. I changed the DI rezin today and made some water today and will swap about 25 gallons tommorow. Think I will vacume a little. Gotta get things looking spiffed up for that new Catalaphyllia jardinei.
    I really love this hobby. Thanks everyone for the help getting me started last year. You all know who you are.

Heres a pic of my torch that I took last night if you want to see its improvement. Man has it grown in the year Ive had it. I should upload the new batch I took to my gallery tonight. I have some intresting new stuff.

Jay...............went way off topic here sorry for rambling on

Attached Files:

6. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Looking Good! Temp...now why did I not think of that!!!! So simple! ;) ::)