My "new" 55 g FW

Discussion in 'General Freshwater Information' started by oside, Feb 15, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oside

oside Astrea Snail

Been a while since I've been here so I thought I'd say HI & post up a few pics of my latest FW tank - 55 gal using a Mgnum pro350 setup. There are 2 powerheads hidden in the rock background, a few tunnels, & once I upgrade the lighting I'll be putting in lots of plants (meanwhile I'm honing my aquatic gardening skills in another tank). The central rock & big rock on the right side are hollow & are basically planters. The central one (with the big root) has a big tunnel underneath. It's supposed to look like an Amazon -esque scene, trying to keep only SA fish in it.
    (Sorry in advance for the poor quality pics - still no good camera yet :(

First month (pre-fish):

[​IMG]

Left side close:

[​IMG]

Right side close:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With fish & algae growth:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you guys enjoy - I sure had fun making it & enjoy looking at it everyday.

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Man that looks great! Nice work. Did you make that background?
    8)

4. oside

oside Astrea Snail

Thanks Matt! Yes - I used foam & covered it with concrete, some parts are coated in epoxy (if they're just painted foam).
    Can't wait to get the plants in it! Just practicing for a reef background. Supposed to move soon so I have been procrastinating that one.

5. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Looking real good!!! ;D

6. Black_Raven

Black_Raven Scooter Blennie

Very nice tank! You guys are giving me the itch to start up a FW planted tank. My wife will poop in her pants if I do! I'm already lobbying for a 220gFOWLR tank and then convert the 120g to a reef tank. I could then turn my 75g into the FW tank.
    Any one interested in buying an 60" Orbit powercompact 268watts, lol. I'd need to replace it with MH's.

7. Kentanner11

Kentanner11 Coral Banded Shrimp

Raven PM me with details!