My nano-cube...big switch from 180.

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by MacnReef, Jan 8, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. MacnReef

MacnReef Fire Shrimp

Hey guys, no problems. I just didn't want this to get too off track. I would like to see other nanocubes so please post them and let me know what you are running, lights...etc. Give me some ideas.

Mike

2. Click Here!

3. OoNickoC

OoNickoC Bubble Tip Anemone

Here are the sessil creatures of my nano-ocean.....

Attached Files:

4. OoNickoC

5. OoNickoC

oops.... ;D

Attached Files:

6. OoNickoC

and a tank shot..... I have 3 35 GPH PH's on a Wavemaster Pro, a protiene skimmer i hook up every now and then, stock lights (working on a 90 watt hood), upgraded pump to a Hydor, and use kent supplements; iodine, calcium, strontium & moly. , oyster eggs every now and then. Also have a Coolworks Iceprobe on the way for this summer (last two were bad). I know its way over kill but I am obssed with small reef systems....and I get afew tangible benifits by working in a fish store ;). For fish i have a small juvenile imperator (Pomacanthus) proving they are at least reef safe as young, and two small coral cats that i purchsed as under 1" young....now a little over an inch. Theyll be going in a bigger tank very soon. This has been the most challanging for me due to the size and hot summers here.

Attached Files:

7. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

Awesome Sea Splender....you guys are making me think about one for my desk at work. Everyone there loves the pics I show them. How about a link to a good place for a tank. And what was that 3rd generation tank? I will look back in the thread. :)

8. Click Here!

9. OoNickoC

Thanks Jay. The 3rd gen is the Nano cube DX.....has better surface skimming (just mover the intake for the filter) a directional return, and best of all it comes with 48 watts of power compacts...more than enough for almost any coral if you run your LR to just below the waters surface.

10. Olyoxenfree

Olyoxenfree Astrea Snail

SeA_SpLeNdEr,

Is that a juvenile Koran angel? She is a very gorgeous fish!

11. tresguey

tresguey Fire Worm

great looking nano's!!! beamer, that is an interesting looking snail you have. what kind is it?

12. OoNickoC

[quote author=Olyoxenfree link=board=General;num=1105244464;start=45#47 date=01/19/05 at 11:23:20]SeA_SpLeNdEr,

Is that a juvenile Koran angel? She is a very gorgeous fish![/quote]

Actually it is a juvenile emperor angel...Pomacanthus imperator. Was a bit larger than a quarter and is now about 2.5". It is the most personable fish i own and has not touched anything even though it is in a 12gallon with plenty of things to nip at.