My Max 250

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by dufresne, May 2, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 71sbeetle

71sbeetle Fire Shrimp

sweet ! about where in FL do you live ?

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. dufresne

dufresne Feather Duster

4. 71sbeetle

71sbeetle Fire Shrimp

wow no way ! we're so close too ! which LFS do you go to ? Mine told me to not even think adding a fuge to my RSM250 ! I want to add one though :p

5. dufresne

dufresne Feather Duster

Lol
    Well, they are somewhat right - you don't really need one. I tend to overstock and overfeed so..
    It was not easy fitting it in under the tank, I decided to add it after the tank was running. Didnt want to DIY the sump so I bought one - the smallest one they make is 24 wide - does not fit :)
    So I had to cut an opening in the middle wall.
    If you install it when putting together the cabinet and before adding water it will be so easy..
    I go to Tanks a lot, they are right next to me.. No good stores up here, I moved from boca a year ago - there alot of LFS down there, Ft. Lauderdale too..

6. dufresne

dufresne Feather Duster

Fish 2

More fish pics

Attached Files:

7. 71sbeetle

71sbeetle Fire Shrimp

never been to tanks a lot, I have heard from them though I'll need to stop by there someday ! I usually make the drive to Barrier Reef in Boca.
    Yeah tell me about overstocking lol, and people told me I was overstocked ;D I love the way your tank looks, mine is so far from being that nice !!! btw I have a coral beauty for sale .... in case you want more fish :p

8. Click Here!

9. dufresne

dufresne Feather Duster

Barrier was my store but they pulled a stunt when I ordered the RSM 250.. acted like doing me a favour.. not a cheap tank exaclty.. anyways, Robin, the manager, is the nicest guy, very helpful too, his staff, however are mildly retarded.. some not so mildly..
    I do plan on adding more fish but not crazy about the CB's :)
    I actually don't know how to go about adding a true perc (had a flse one for over 3 years gave him to Tanks a lot during the transfer to hold him for me b/c he was really aggresive and I wanted to add him last - they sold him :(... Some great LFS we got here is South Florida). Also, I'm dying to have a sunburst anthias but my bi-color ones will destroy it.. I even consider taking them out a long with the trigger for a couple of weeks - adding the clown and possibly the sunburst and then putting the old bullies back in.. just a thought, might never get to doing it.. I am overstocked as it is :)

10. 71sbeetle

71sbeetle Fire Shrimp

lol yeah I remember when I got my RSM250, they had just came in the door (I knew I wanted one anyway after plenty of reading) and I told them I was interested, they were acting like if I didn't buy it right away it would be sold in a few hours, they got 2 that day .... the other one is still there and it's been 2 months now !!! lol
    But they've all been of great help along the way, Robin, Pauline, Mary Ellen and Brad. My buddy Mike used to work there, he gave me his tank (no fishes in it) when he moved, that started it all .....
    I need to sell my CB because I think he is the one that picked at my fungia, ate his mouth !!! not sure if it will survive like that :(
    I really like the red anthias (not sure what they are called anymore) but I am not sure if it would be wise to add more fish, I also want to add more coral, like your tank !!!

11. dufresne

dufresne Feather Duster

If nothing picks on it, the plate might recover.. feed it regularly (if possible).
    Yes, I used to love Barrier... Robin and Pauline have helped me many times but overall the store's customer service is way below par.
    Btw, there is a great little store down in Ft. Lauderdale (used to live there). I buy most of my coral from them - I think it's called living reef or something like that, they are on Dixie, 100 yards south of Commercial. The owner's name is Jose, his corals are always in great condition and his prices not as crazy ;)

1 person likes this.
  12. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

did you just add the fuge using the chiller tubes that are built in?

1 person likes this.