My Mangrove Biotope build

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by bioreefdude, Oct 12, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

yeah I was going to say you can see a few of the mangroves wilting in the earlier picture. Did you acclimate them? Trees should be acclimated to reduce stress, but that is how plants can be sometimes anyway. Good thing you have some extras there it looks like. Seahorse safe inverts are harder to come by....they have a tendency to outcompete for food, or be on the dinner plate if they are very small shrimp. Your best bet might be for some sessile inverts, dusters, gorgs etc...if you go the seahorse route. The "org" has lists of what you can keep with horses without trouble.

2. Click Here!

3. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

thanks for the info i guess ill go with corals for now but im having a problem figuring out which light and how to mount.what would u do? also before i make to many moves i kinda want the natural look mixed with coral that would be found around sea grass and other macros ,also do u have turtle grass or shoul grass

4. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

go to www.reefcleaner.org and they have all kinds of natural hitching stations for sale. this is what i considered doing when i was thinking about seahorses. good luck

5. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

one of the problems with light and seahorses is they say the more light the more stressed the seahorse...they do kind of stay in covered area in the ocean...you also can be limited by the coral you choose. Passive corals are your best bet, the less sting the better, will keep the horses happier...

6. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

It looks to me like this is going to serve mainly as a fuge, secondly as a display. If that's the case seahorses would negate most of the filtering capacity because they are very messy eaters. I think you would have a lot more success without the horses.

7. bioreefdude

well my display fuge ;D is comig along
    [​IMG]
    sorry about the bugs on the glass :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. NU-2reef

NU-2reef Montipora Digitata

you got some nice macro there. do i see a brush plant in there. nice

10. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

oooh i love that. thats a cool idea i can do with my ten gallon.

11. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

I like your refugium tank, my only concern is that I hope you have enough "elements" to feed all of your different macroalgaes. Did you research all of them to see what they consume?

luna

12. bioreefdude

maybe ty im gonna start an id thread for them we'll play the guessing game