My Mangrove Biotope build

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by bioreefdude, Oct 12, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bama

bama Humpback Whale

who makes the tank.. to me it looks like your typical aquaeon, which can be drilled, just slowly of course..

2. Click Here!

3. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

top fin i made another posting somebody just said aqueon makes them i called the number that came with the tank , the lady answered "hello Petsmart"

4. bioreefdude

ok so im thinking this tank will have very low flow and i will be able to have things like jellyfish and sea horses what other low flow creatures are there?

5. bioreefdude

tank is plumbed ppl i need some ideas for the mangrove tank help please i'll post pictures some as i get to my other computer

6. bioreefdude

well its all up and running i was thinking sea horses or jelly fish not sure yet but now i just need to order mangorves
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this tank has a flow rate of maybe 15-20 gph with the option to have more darn i just remembered to install overflow box lol i guess i'll make one a install next w/c

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  7. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

jelly and sea horse together...well the upside down jellies don't sting...really hard to keep though, i wish you the best of luck. try to get a round tank though, jellies like to get stuck in corners...I see the upside down jellies almost every dive I go on when the weather is warm near the mangrove flats...the horses live there too...sounds like a cool tank, it will be difficult though, best of luck to you!

(Personally I would go with seahorses and skip the jellies. I never heard of anyone keeping for any length of time. If you want something that will pose great difficulty, consider pipefish and seahorses...sometimes they are very hard to keep, since they are hard to feed. The challenge can be fun, and the reward sweet...)

8. Click Here!

9. bioreefdude

ok so i will get pipefish and sea horses can u think of any inverts

10. Newreef15

Newreef15 Horrid Stonefish

i live in florida and there are mangroves every were i might be able to help u how many do u need pm

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  11. bioreefdude

so i ordered mud mangroves shoal grass but i was wondering because money is tight if i could go wit home depot monteray bay sand ? for 3 dollars

12. bioreefdude