My Gourmie has spots

Discussion in 'Fish Disease' started by Stephenie4578, Aug 26, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Stephenie4578

Stephenie4578 Plankton

Hello everyone again. Recently i have noticed some spots on my Gourmie that look yellowish in color, almost look like food stuck to her. Could anyone help me to find out what this is? Thanks Stephenie

2. Click Here!

3. BayNights

BayNights Astrea Snail

If they are small, granular spots it's ich. There are plenty of medications at the local fish shop that will handle the problem. Freshwater fish get this parasite when they are stressed, weakening their immune response and disrupting their natural slime coat.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks for your concern, and help. As it turns out he had Tuberculosis (sp). I had to take him out, and quarrentine him. Then he began to bloat, and eventually died. Thanks for your help. I appreciate it very much.

5. hoodoo

hoodoo Fire Shrimp

uh, you've got to be very very careful with that. It is believed that the desease can be transferred to the human.
    There is no treatment to it and in my opinion not worth trying. In my opinion I would kill every fish that has this desease immidiately. And wear gloves.
    I would use gloves every time from now on in your tank. The other fish might be infected by it too and if you have cuts or anything it could be bad for you. And watch EVERYTHING in your tank very carefully.

You should read about tuberculosis and find out if it really was the cause of death.