My GBTA moving, not cool man

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Daniel521, Mar 31, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Daniel521

Daniel521 Flamingo Tongue

My anemone decided to checkout the tank last week... He went missing for a few days and popped back out on the opposite side of the tank. All was fine since he climbed on the backside of the rocks, but now he's at it again. He checkin out the front side of the tank! It doesn't look like he's bothering the Xenia very much, but should I be concerned with him taking out the tree leather? Since he has circled it completely now... Pretty cool watching him walk tho

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1301628732.818420.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1301628835.223551.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1301628912.524347.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1301628995.679277.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1301629063.074737.jpg

2. Click Here!

3. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

Let it do it's thing. If your water and lighting are good, it will find a spot to foot. Don't try to move it.

4. Daniel521

Oh I'm not trying to move the anemone, but prepared to move any corals that are in his way as he roams lol I feel like I'm babysitting

5. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

Your doing the right thing. Keep observing and adjust your corals accordingly.

6. kstafford003

kstafford003 Feather Star

Haha. Put him in timeout if he does anything bad.

7. destinationluna

destinationluna Skunk Shrimp

lmao

You can take away his toys too that seems to work sometimes.

But yea I feel your pain Have had one doing this for weeks now he just cant seem to find his spot. Drives me nuts

8. Click Here!

9. SAY

SAY Ocellaris Clown

how long have you had this anemone and what is your lighting? if it has been in your tank for a while, i would be more concerned with why it is moving.

10. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

yea def. watch where he goes my rbta decided to move in on my colt coral- now half the colt is dying- this happened over night so there was nothing I could do- part of the game I guess.

11. Daniel521

Unfortunately I woke up to find the anemone nestled next to my brain coral :(. So I lifted the brain slowly until the anemone finally let go (10 minutes of very slight lifting, making sure not to tear the foot) and moved the brain to the sand bed to recover... I added the anemone about 2-3 months ago, he seemed to find a spot he liked towards the back in the first week, but decided to move last week. I'm running 6x54w t5 lights and change out 15 of the 90 gallons 3 times a month. I'm stuck at work until 9 tonight so I can only imagine what kind of trouble he got into while I was away today...

12. kruserm

kruserm Plankton

I am in the same situation…I just got a BTA about 3 weeks ago. The first night he moved and nestled between two rocks, which was fine there was nothing around him. Yesterday I come home and find out he moved next to my hammer head. I wanted to rearrange the rock he was attached to anyway so I flipped the rock over last night and rearranged some things. This morning the BTA moved to the other side of the rock next to my brain on the sand bed. I moved the brain out of the way so I am curious to see where the BTA moves to when I get home.