My fish are sick.

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums' started by mrsavage84, Apr 16, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mrsavage84

mrsavage84 Feather Duster

You know I don't think so. When I noticed here was dead no one was around him and he didn't looked like he was getting eaten. What did you use to treat for what you had and did it go away?

2. Click Here!

3. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

I didn't know anything was wrong- there were no visible signs or symptoms. A new introduction looked fine at the LFS, but died the first night in my tank. I still wasn't aware of any diseases until the fish that ate on him (which had been in the tank for months) also died within 2 days, while the rest were unaffected. I can only speculate that it might have been neon tetra disease... it's not actually restricted to neon tetras.

4. mrsavage84

Ill just keep an eyeball on them and see how they do....looks like red eye has cleared up a bit too so thats promising

5. ZC42

ZC42 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

i think i might have had the same thing happen to myself, when you took it out of the tank to bury/flush/get rid of it, did it seem as if the skin were peeling off?

6. mrsavage84

7. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

I believe you purchased fish that looked good on the outside but not on the inside. Everything everyone else has commented above is true and now you are seeing the domino affect because of it.

8. Click Here!

9. ZC42

ZC42 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Huh, that's exactly what happened to me! I had 2 mollies die, and one guppy, but none of my tetras glass cats or kuhli loaches were affected, nor the other guppy.

10. mrsavage84

How long ago was that and did you treat for anything?