My first southamerican tank

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by shorkkkkkeyyyyy, May 28, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. shorkkkkkeyyyyy

shorkkkkkeyyyyy Plankton

High everyone:D this is my first south american tank I have ever had and it is my first cichild tank, I have a 20gallon long tank with a marineland bio-wheel 200 which is rated up tp 50gallons, ialso have a 4inch topfin round airstone , tetra whisper air pump for 20g, 150w topfin heater. I would like to know what I should put in my tank for hiding spots for my fish ? I was thinking. Driftwood, coral , bricks, slateerock ? What do you guys and girls think ?
    P.s. I will be adding pics of my tank n fish tomaro

2. Click Here!

3. shorkkkkkeyyyyy

shorkkkkkeyyyyy Plankton

4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Driftwood and slate would be good to add for decoration and hiding spots. 10 to 20 lbs would be good.

5. shorkkkkkeyyyyy

shorkkkkkeyyyyy Plankton

Alright thanks , did you check that vid and see what I have in m tank right now? 10-20lbs of slatee? Where would I get that ?

6. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Yes saw the vid tank looks good. You LFS might have some or access to it. Petco has some I think. Any non calcium carbonate rock will do that you can get from a pet store.

7. shorkkkkkeyyyyy

shorkkkkkeyyyyy Plankton

hellpppppppp mee

i wake up this morning and my jack depsey is laying on the bottom , he is stll breathing and i put him in a isolation tank . but he is still laying on the bottom he is breathing just seems he caint move or somthin!!! plaese tell me what goin gonn on ​

8. Click Here!

9. shorkkkkkeyyyyy

shorkkkkkeyyyyy Plankton

2in10

alright cool . all i have around here is a petsmart im sure they will have it , i herd i can go to homedepot if i do go to homedepot withh the rock be safe for my tank?

10. tom.n.day

tom.n.day Eyelash Blennie

did you cycle your tank first? Jack Dempsey is to big for that sized tank. Look at "fire mouths". Very pretty and good chance to breed them

11. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

Bolivian rams and panda dwarf cichlids are better for that size of tank.

12. gfoot2000

gfoot2000 Flamingo Tongue

in my frontosa tank, i put clay pots cuz its cheap and way porous, no sharp edges to cut up my fish,