My first post

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by snail, Feb 12, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. snail

snail Astrea Snail

Hi, heard mention of this site and decided to take a peek.

Haven't really looked around this site much yet.

My tanks suck. Low budget, nothing exotic. But I do love my fish and they are healthy. Almost a half year with my tank up and running, and it gets uglier by the day.

I'm not sure which section of this place will catch my interest so I shall wing it for now.

Hope to see ya all around this place :sunny:

2. Click Here!

3. Linda

Linda Feather Duster

Welcome! Post some pix and ask some questions cuz you're in the right place.

4. mandarin11

mandarin11 Peppermint Shrimp

Welcome!! You're preaching to the choir about budget. I'm maintaining a 55g in college. It's great isn't it?lol:)

5. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

i know i'm on a budget too so good luck to ya! it's kinda slow at times but that is exactly what it needs to be... "go slow and let it grow." one peice of the puzzle at a time and it will all work out!
    lots of good info. on this site!!

good luck!

6. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

Welcome to 3reef! :wave: I sure am glad there is someone out there with an uglier tank than mine ;) :lol: I'm sure it's not that bad! post pics when you can!

7. snail

snail Astrea Snail

Naw, just singing along with ya :hehe:

Maybe I can learn some tips :cheesy:

My $6 Velvet Damsel is the coolest fish on the planet. AND I haven' killed it yet ::)

Linda, I need to clean it first (oops) and then it is not much either, and to get the fish to sit still for the photo op is nearly impossible.

Grettle is my centerpiece damsel, not a scale out of place, perfect color and great disposition. (eats everything LOL) My first fish, bought her for her markings and color, just an absolutely beautiful fish. Trippled in size already, not like my yellowtail (Hansel) who is mellow and small.

8. Click Here!

9. mandarin11

mandarin11 Peppermint Shrimp

A mellow yellow-tail?!!:eek: Wow, don't think I've ever heard of that.;)

Did you say tips? We love tips at 3 reef. In fact we could go on forever about them. Tell us some about your tank and we'll see what we can do.:)

10. snail

snail Astrea Snail

This is my fresh water, but I thought you might want to know what your cat is up to :eek:

Attached Files:

11. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

ahahaha :lol: that is funny....nope not my Mr. Bonehead...he's too old(13) doesn't even like to jump up to the perch his food is on and it's on 1.5' off the ground(away from the dogs) Neither one of my cats has ever taken an interest in my tank and they don't like fish strange kitties!!

12. snail

snail Astrea Snail

That is relative to the Velvet Damsel
    I get yelled at and scolded when I tell the truth about how I set up my 29 at first. But I haven't killed a fish yet :thumb_up: