my first mushroom propagation

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by emshofk, Feb 5, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. IvIountainman

IvIountainman Spaghetti Worm

I agree with everything SwimsWithFish said:
    The 3 anemones do not appear to be aptaisia. Aptaisia usually have a tall trunk, long narrow tentacles and usually with white or beige tiger like striping on the tentacles and tip.

Emerald and Mithrax crabs both have soft shapped spoon claws and enjoy eating bubble algae. The draw back is they always release spores once the crab starts eating them and more will grow. Generally speaking both these crabs are nearly 100% reef safe. But they both eat hermits, other smaller crabs and planted micro algaes. I had a Black Mithrax crab HH. when I first noticed him his carapace was as small as a pin head. He killed a Acropora echinata "Hawkin's Blue Echinata Frag" (ORA) that he came with. I never accused him of eating it as I only saw him eating portions that were lifting. I kept him untill his carapace was about the size of a quarter. When I noticed him feeding on some micro anemones or soft tube worms in a colony (about 30 of them in a 1/2 inch square area). Which I have yet to identify or even get a clear picture of due to thier tiny size.
    Given all that. I would attempt to remove the rock and gently try and pry the bubble algae from its hold (careful you don't break it) using a small wooden tooth pick teends to be gental enough. If you do manage to break it out of the tank a quick rinse with saltwater (outside of the tank) may prevent future outbreak.

As for the red coris wrasse, I have very limited fish knowledge but I can tell you wrasse' in general are voracious and should never be trusted. (there are exceptions).

2. Click Here!

3. NITTINID

NITTINID Astrea Snail

The Western Atlantic Peppermint Shrimp"Lysmata boggessi"(Found from Florida keys to South Carolina)may not eat the Aipatasia.Make sure you buy the Carribean Peppermint shrimp"Lysmata wurdemanni" they will devour these pests fast.

90 GALLON DISPLAY
    IN DISPLAY TANK;

180 LBS FIJI PREMIUM LIVE ROCK
    95 LBS LIVE SAND
    (2) 50 GPH POWERHEADS(CARBON STUFFED)
    (2) 1300 GPH POWER HEADS

LIGHTING IN DISPLAY;
    T5 NOVAS 48 INCH(6 BULB FIXTURES)
    48 INCH MARINLAND L.E.D REEF LIGHTING(18K)
    48 INCH (24) BLUE LED MOONLIGHT

30 GALLON SUMP
    IN SUMP;
    40 LBS LIVE SAND
    15 LBS FIJI PREMIUM LIVE ROCK.
    35 LBS REFUGIUM RUBBLE
    PHOSBAN REACTOR(150)
    10 WATT U.V STEROLIZER (DONT HAVE AN ICK PROB)BUT BETTER SAFE THEN SORRY
    CORALIFE SUPER SKIMMER(120)
    (ELITE) 200 WATT HEATER
    (10)MANGROVES

LIGHTING ;
    IN SUMP
    30-90 WATT FLOOD LAMP

FISH
    SAILFIN TANG,YELLOW TANG,BLUE HIPPO TANG,DIAMOND WATCHMAN GOBY,SIZZORTAIL GOBY,BLUE DAMSEL(6) BLUE GREEN CHROMIS(4)ENGINEER GOBY

CORALS AND INVERTS
    BLUE RICORDEA,SEBAE ANENOME,DUNCAN POLYPS,BROWN BUTTON POLYPS,RED AND PURPLE MUSHROOMS COLONY(6) SKUNK SHRIMP (3) CAMEL SHRIMP(6)PEPPERMINT SHRIMP(8)MEXICAN TURBO SNAILS,(6)CERITH SNAILS,(4)ZEBRA SNAILS(5)RED LEGGED HERMIT CRABS,(5) BLUE LEGGED HERMIT CRABS,

IN SUMP;
    (2)GREEN EMERALD CRABS
    (5) BLUE LEGGED HERMIT CRABS
    (5) RED LEGGED HEMIT CRABS

TO tHoSe WhO rOcK...WiTh A fiLTeR sOcK.....
    >>>>>>> I SOLUTE YOU <<<<<<<<