my first mushroom propagation

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by emshofk, Feb 5, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. IvIountainman

IvIountainman Spaghetti Worm

Just don't yank, cut, pull or otherwise try and remove them. A new one will grow from the tinest traces of foot remains. In the past I was unaware of boiled water and removed LR from tank and treated each aptaisia a seringe of lemon juice. Did the same for a bubble algae outbreak. Bubble algae is SUPER NASTY, break one and you get millions.

APTAISIA are cool as long as your not doing a reef tank. otherwize BAD BAD BAD!

2. Click Here!

3. IvIountainman

IvIountainman Spaghetti Worm

Those are soft coral's not Aiptasia. Do not kill them. The first 2 you posted back on page one were Aiptasia. Good you killed them.

4. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

Yeah they looked like yellow polyps.

5. emshofk

emshofk Astrea Snail

Actually i was talking about the anemones on the side of the rock. Look closely at the pic and you'll see 3 in a group. they look different. short bubble like tentacles. ANd while your looking at the photo, what kind of polyps are those again? i knew when i bought them but i have forgotten their names. also if you let me know if they need to feed. I think they do. Dont you just love it when newbies buy stuff and they dont even know what they are buying? One more thing. I do have a small handfull of bubble algae blobs. Just about 3 black ones and 2 green ones. What do i do with those?

6. SwimsWithFish

It's hard to tell but those three bubble things might be some kind of Duncan. The tentacles look to big to be aptasia.

The yellow coral is some kind of yellow polyp coral. No need to feed to my knowlege.

Bubble algae can be taken care of by an emerald crab.

:)

7. SwimsWithFish

8. Click Here!

9. emshofk

emshofk Astrea Snail

Thanks but of course being a newbie to reef aquarium, I bought a fish that may be problamatic. A juvinal red coris wrasse. do you know if he will eat the crab?

10. SwimsWithFish

A red coris wrasse is not reef safe. It will eat inverts and coral. How big is your tank? It needs 125g and can get to be 1'.

11. ReedKnowsCorals

ReedKnowsCorals Plankton

Looks Like You Did A Good Job!

12. emshofk

emshofk Astrea Snail

he's only about and inch and a half long at most righ now. still a little guy. I have a 180. I haven't caught him sniffing around the coral yet but I quickly learned that he was eventually going to be a problem in a reef tank. I'm used to having fish only. He was one of the first and i didn't know. At some point I'll Have to get him outa there.