My elegance coral

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by saltydogg, May 25, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. saltydogg

saltydogg Bristle Worm

So I got a elegance coral last month @ a frag swap & it has really enjoyed being in the tank so far.. I have also enjoyed it in my tank... well last night I got the privilege to watch it start to devour a bristle worm it took it all night to get it down.. lol.. here's a video of a little bit of what I got to see before bed... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zir_JlnRAGA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    Here's a pic of him finishing it up this morning when I woke up.. way to go elegance.. I did not know they liked bristle worms..lol

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. reefnJeff

reefnJeff Pajama Cardinal

Nice! I like it, I found it odd when I read your post that I realized I don't have any bristle worms. Nice Coral though.

4. saltydogg

saltydogg Bristle Worm

Thank you! I have quite a few bristle worms but so far they have not caused any problems & I have a couple inhabitants in the tank that will eat them.. so hopefully they will not be as many as time goes on... it was really cool to watch though, & its still working on getting it all the way down... so cool!:D

5. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

They may be there. I have a crap ton. They come out when I feed.

6. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

That's a great elegance coral. They grow pretty fast. I feed mine twice a week to keep it happy.

7. saltydogg

saltydogg Bristle Worm

What do you feed yours? Mine wants on its own I guess..lol

8. Click Here!

9. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

that is a gorgeous elegance!

10. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

I feed mine a mix of mysis shrimp and rods food. They love meaty items. I also put coral vibrance and reef chili in the tank twice a week for all the corals so I'm sure they grab some as well. I can't believe how fast everything is growing, even my clams.