My eBay goodies from Reefpets :)

Discussion in 'Coral' started by OnefishTwofish, Mar 25, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. OnefishTwofish

OnefishTwofish Feather Star

My shipment experienced a bit of a glitch but everything should be rectified by tomorrow. Gary has been great to work with.

That is great news to hear that your coral is looking good :)

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Congrats on the new additions

1 person likes this.
  4. OnefishTwofish

Quick update:

USPS was a day late with the delivery (BOO!) - nothing that Reefpets or I could do but wait to see how things looked when they finally arrived.

I am very pleased to say that when i was handed the box this morning, (was supposed to arrive yesterday by afternoon sometime) the heat pack still had some oomph to it and that now everything is settling into the tank.

Reefpets did a totally PRO packaging job which i attribute the survival of the corals to. Everything packed securely and snugly to help conserve heat. The coral bags were well filled and sealed shut - nice thick plastic on the bags too.

I am super happy with what I got and Gary's responsiveness when I alerted him about the shipping problem we had (yesterday). There was no doubt that we would have resolved things regardless of the outcome.

That said, +K and kudos to Reefpets! 3reefers: By all means check out his stuff sometime.

(I hope to have some pics posted tonight after work, i had to rush things to get back to my desk as quick as i could.)

5. Ultraner

Ultraner Purple Spiny Lobster

Awesome! Great to see it worked out and your corals made it safely.

6. whippy

whippy Sailfin Tang

Those are absolutely beautiful!

What lighting/flow conditions do you keep your chalice in?

7. OnefishTwofish

I am about to work that out! It will be my first chalice. Anyone who wishes to pipe up with any suggestions on final placement of any of the new items - please feel free!

The favia and the lobo and the chalice are all new species for me in particular. I am assuming lower half of tank in moderate to lower flow - but as I said, these are new for me.

:)

8. Click Here!

9. whippy

whippy Sailfin Tang

Ok, cool! Let me know what success you have. I grabbed a chalice frag for pretty cheap and it was the size of a quarter. Now I have a spot the size of skittle left. It receded pretty quickly and that all started with my emerald crab knocking it upside down almost on top of my fungia. I'm thinking about fragging what's left and sticking it under a ledge somewhere to recoup.

I keep my favia in the middle of the tank in pretty direct flow and it seems to love it. When I got the poor thing at first I swore it wouldn't be able to pull through. It made a 1238934862436% turn around!

10. reefpets

reefpets 3reef Sponsor

Great to hear that the coral made it in OK this morning! I hate when there are delays but when it happens there is rarely a loss. I think the member is on here, Ill have to check. Anyhow, she purchased 9 frags and UPS lost the package. It was delivered 4 days late and everything made it and was opened within a day.
    When shipping healthy coral and combining that with good packaging the coral will last a long time in a bag.....
    Thanks everyone and dont forget to checkout this weeks auctions, they end tomorrow evening and they will be ending CHEAP!
    Gary

LINK: eBay Seller: reef pets: Pet Supplies items on eBay.com

11. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Great stuff Gary. Nice score OnefishTwoFish! 8)

Any special care with cloves? I want to get some soon.

12. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

photos of them in your tank please :)