My Duncan's ok?

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by gsxr1000rider, Feb 12, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

I use Kent TechM to keep the bryopsis away. Otherwise, BRS is an economical way to go. Don't add more than 100 points per day. I keep mine on the high side around 1600. Chalices grow quickly with high mag, Duncans don't like it so much. I think 1250-1300 is where most keep it. 760 is def q problem, just don't raise it too quickly. Use the BRS calculator to determine dosage. Gotta go to work, bye.

2. Click Here!

3. gsxr1000rider

gsxr1000rider Fire Shrimp

Well got me some tech m and started dosing by BRS recommended calc. Also bought a new salifert mag test kit. Here is a pic from about 5 min ago, hope they get better.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

You work fast. Keep in mind that the Duncans will tell you if you add mag too fast, by closing up. They'll be ok, they just need time to adjust. I'm surprised you got this far without dosing mag, lol. Goes to show you, never assume.

Watch your sanity, as adding a lot of mag will raise it, its in salt form. TechM is concentrated, so not as much as BRS mag

Keep an eye on alk and Ca as the mag goes up. Once you get everything where you want it, your corals should show an improvement. Good luck!