My DIY Ghettorific Refugium/Sump thread

Discussion in 'Refugium' started by cuttingras, Mar 22, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

Luna....stupid question time....what's a DT?(as far as this conversation.....pervert LOL)

2. Click Here!

3. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Pervert? Well I never........... DT= Display tank;D

4. cuttingras

::) yeah right :lol: ok I gotcha :lol: I figure in theory(in my head) the water going into the fuge would be distributed evenly by the spray bar. not so much as to blow bubbles, just get a slow flow(I'm using a stop valve off the DT;D) then as it goes into the p.s and then the phos react. it'll pick up "steam", then off to the baffles where it'll go even faster to the return...is this not going to work????I think the end part where the return is needs to be bigger to give more water supply......hmmmm rethinking

5. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

i thought DT was diphtheria........

6. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

One things for sure Linda, You wouldnt know until you try it. I've been planning to install, incorporate and designing a refugium for the past month and a half. Picking Tangster's, Otty's, reef guru's and Coralreefer's brain to catch any flaws and I even drew a "floor plan" how it was going to look and work, when I realized, it wasnt going to work as I planned it. And when I really thought about it, I came to the conclusion that I dont even need it. Isnt that funny? I guess I was trying to re-invent the wheel. LOL

7. cuttingras

this is true!!! I don't thin my Emperor is cutting it..... and I'm tired of changing carbon every three days LOL once a week would be nice or even every two would be great! But if I don't my filters look like something off of dirty jobs :)