My "deli sliced" Reef Cleaners rock scape :)

Discussion in 'Reef Cleaners' started by OnefishTwofish, May 15, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

I think you did the rock work perfectly. The rock does not look "off" and where it is needed you put "end" pieces n top so there are flat spots, but no flat spots at the same time. I think it will work out perfectly for you and your needs.

I also use to think acros were very hard, but I am having great success with a few varieties of acros. If you can get a few frags for cheap I would go for it and see what happens.

2. Click Here!

3. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

I wonder if they could get a flat piece and then cut it fit a certain area....forget sand when you can have a hard bottom ricordea setup or something along those lines. Sand in the gaps... I would still like to see a rock wall that utilized this idea..

I want to setup a tank now...

4. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Now that's a good idea. I wonder though, how difficult would it be to get the rock to stay on the back wall? Will silicone adhere to rock? I can't see using epoxy?

5. johnmaloney

not sure if it would be strong enough...it is pretty flexible, I think a rigid adhesive would work better. However, I am the least handy person you have ever met, I have a rail that is level and a shelf that is pitched. :)

6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

7. johnmaloney

Oh here is an idea...so you get like a huge rock, bigger than your back wall...cut it flat on the back and square it sort of and then chip it out for a more natural look etc... but use one rock for the backwall...is that what you were talking about?

8. Click Here!

9. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

You could always do the same thing as a foam back. Have a few caves that also hold the wall up but silicone it in place as well.

10. johnmaloney

how is this going? dont you love being put on the spot? lol...

11. mikev15101

mikev15101 Purple Spiny Lobster

12. johnmaloney

oh yeah good point i was told onefishtwofish added water recently