My "deli sliced" Reef Cleaners rock scape :)

Discussion in 'Reef Cleaners' started by OnefishTwofish, May 15, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. OnefishTwofish

OnefishTwofish Feather Star

Oh boy......sounds like another forum poll if you ask me!

Thats great that you have your own wet saw. I have no doubt that with being careful you will be able to do this.

That is where i envy so many of you with power tool and MacGuyver skills!

1 person likes this.
  4. OnefishTwofish

1 person likes this.
  5. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

What a brilliant idea. I can't wait to see what it looks like covered with corals

6. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

Creative idea. I like the idea to use the pieces as the base of a structure so that the rock is flat against the bottom glass, but to use it as the entire structure isn't in my taste. I don't want to take away from you design as it is very interesting to look at, I am interested to see what it looks like aged and with corals on it.

1 person likes this.
  7. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

so...is there going to be a bunch of tabling acros or monti caps coming out from the bases? what livestock?

8. Click Here!

9. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

WOW! this is way too cool!! I'll research for local stone places to see if they'll do this for me. +k for creative and innovating idea!

Keep us updated.

1 person likes this.
  10. OnefishTwofish

Thank you all who posted recent comments. It is definitely a bit off the beaten path as far as rock scaping goes. I think that this will definitely showcase my coral(s) as I add them to the structure. That will be when things get interesting. My eyes see the structure as more of a branched element and the corals will be more like the "blossoms" or "leaves"

either way, it should be fun to see how it matures in the tank!

and YES, by the time I get it into the new tank and the topmost shelves are applied, I am hoping to get items like shelving and branching type corals to help make the overall composition varied. I have my fingers crossed that I can eventually have some success with some acros here and there too.

It is nice to hear varying opinions on this - it is not necessarily something that would appeal to everyone but it does lend an option to those with tanks having limited sand bed space while maintaining an open enough "top half" of the tank for swim space.

If anyone else tries this, please share...i would LOVE to see your creations.

regards,
    elizabeth

1 person likes this.
  11. divott

divott Giant Squid

wow, i just found this thread elizabteh. i know its already been said, what a creative, ingenius and far out , crazy idea that you put into action. the structures looks awesome. when or have they gone into a tank? i gotta see that. congrats on this.

guy

12. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Yeah! I can't stop thinking about the possibilities! Rock is my next purchase, so I need to find a stone shop here that will do cheap cuts. I'm getting all kinds of cool designs in my mind, with towers and platforms for future SPS... arches, bridges. If only my tank was bigger!!

Thanks again for sharing this idea with us.

+K on creativity!

- Mag.