My "deli sliced" Reef Cleaners rock scape :)

Discussion in 'Reef Cleaners' started by OnefishTwofish, May 15, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. OnefishTwofish

OnefishTwofish Feather Star

oops.......my bad,

I ordered an initial "test order" of 30 lbs just to see. Once I saw it and had the test slices done, I ordered the 50 lb "special"

There is probably at least 30 lbs leftover here - maybe more (but when I ordered the 50 lbs I wanted extras here in case I did a mantis tank or something on the spur of the moment....(bet that sounds familiar, doesn't it!).

Again, my tank is a 50g tank for reference. it is very likely that I will have the left side structure built taller than in my pics, but I do not want to finalize it until the tank is drilled and the left side overflow is installed. :) The close to completed one will reside to the right of the tank.

I So agree about the versatility - even as a way to mix slices in with unsliced rock so that you can cantilever coral space upwards and outwards.

frankly i look forward to seeing what others might come up with if they deli slice any of their rock.

:)

Hope that helps you out.

2. Click Here!

3. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

lol legos where very cool. If I ever get to convert my other 55g fresh to reef, I may give this a try myself. I already know a guy that will cut the rocks for very cheap. ;D

4. OnefishTwofish

awesome!!! I am glad this might seed some creativity from others since we have loads of talent and creativity on these forums!

Now if i could just learn to sing... :p

1 person likes this.
  5. Ultraner

Ultraner Purple Spiny Lobster

Wow I'm late to the party, I just found this thread..This looks amazing! You have put a lot of effort and time into it and it truly shows. Good Job!

1 person likes this.
  6. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Lego's WERE very cool? LOL that's the beauty of having young children my friend. I can still play with em, lincoln logs, Kanex, etc and not look like a 42 year old idiot. LOL

7. OnefishTwofish

shhhhh... better be careful or the wife may say "you do not need another build with sliced rock...you already have Legos to play with!"

Make sure that doesn't backfire on you! :D

8. Click Here!

9. kss2801

kss2801 Montipora Capricornis

This is a really cool idea. I can't wait to see it in your tank.

1 person likes this.
  10. jakeh24

jakeh24 Pajama Cardinal

ya ;D

when are you gonna update your build thread :p

11. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

LOL having extra everything on hand is always a plus! Can be a curse at times too lol.
    Thanks for the wieghts and guesses. Gives me a point to start planning. I have a 7" wet saw. It's not commercial but if I only did a few cuts per day I think I'd be alright w/o burning it up. lol Now the only ? is do I go with a 75 or 90 reef ready AGA or go XXL 200+ plywood/glass ;D

12. OnefishTwofish

Very SOON - i can let a small cat out of the bag......the tank will be drilled next weekend by a fellow 3reefer (Im very excited!) for an overflow and the plumbing will be addressed. If ALL goes well, i am hoping to do the swap over Memorial Day weekend.

Like the old saying goes, "go slow let it grow".....well that not only applies to a reef tank BUT one's available space on a VISA card if you get my drift!

:)

1 person likes this.