My clowns just laid eggs

Discussion in 'Breeding Tropical Fish' started by fletch, Dec 21, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Well that would explain there agitation today then !! :) I wish I could save them some how but if they don't get eaten or sucked into the filter they will probably starve to death :'( What a bad father I am ::) :-[ :'(

2. Click Here!

3. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Well, I am sure you will have lots more opportunity!!! NOW get to work on that top off!!!!! ;D

4. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

[quote author=birdlady link=board=Fish;num=1103670556;start=0#11 date=12/29/04 at 08:52:43]Well, I am sure you will have lots more opportunity!!!  NOW get to work on that top off!!!!! ;D[/quote]

YES MAM I am reading the instructions for it right now [smiley=laughcry.gif] [smiley=lol.gif]

5. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Thanks for the picture John and good job as your animal husbandry has created a pristine environment for procreation!

6. OoNickoC

OoNickoC Bubble Tip Anemone

If those dark patches are the eggs...they should be hatching within a day or two. If you take a flash light and shine at an angle at them you chould be able to see the eyes glow. Very nice fletch, takes very consistant husbandry! [smiley=thumbs_up1.gif]

7. OoNickoC

PS, they will be hatching under the cover of darkness. If you have moon lights and havent been using them....if you turn em one tonight they will most likely hatch.

8. Click Here!

9. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Thank You All for your kind words and all of your help, I just wish I had something to feed them if they manage to survive. :'(

I feel so bad just letting them die :'(

Yes I do have moon lights and they are on every night I will be checking them out tonight to see if they hatch ;)

Do you think if they hatch they will be able to hide in the colt coral? or do you think the coral will use them for food? :-/............................ John

10. OoNickoC

[quote author=fletch link=board=Fish;num=1103670556;start=15#16 date=12/29/04 at 15:55:09]
    Do you think if they hatch they will be able to hide in the colt coral? or do you think the coral will use them for food? :-/............................  John
    [/quote]

They will be at the mercy of even very weak currents for a while......your best bet would be to catch as many as possible put em in a breeder net, and if your LFS cariies first bites....you could raise afew with determination.

11. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Do you think that Frozen Cyclopeeze would be small enough for them to eat? :-/ That is if after they hatch I am able to catch them :-/

12. OoNickoC

I dont think so.....puree it in a blender an that might work.....