My closeloop system, need help!!!

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by turbo4603, Mar 1, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. IBMGeek

IBMGeek Montipora Digitata

turbo i did a 1 3/4" hole on 1/2 inch glass so i might be able to help you out.Well you saw it and it looked pretty good. Ill help you make the bit out of copper.

2. Click Here!

3. turbo4603

turbo4603 Teardrop Maxima Clam

I got a diamond bit, and i got the suction cup drill. I have made holes before, but not on MY tank!!! Its scarrier when its your money on the line
    !!

4. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Well have you spent the last couple days drilling?????:confused:

5. turbo4603

LOL, i spent the last couple of night thinking how to drill it!!!
    Well, i came to the final conclusion this weekend that i will drill it. Im going to post some pics of my tank as soon as the lights come on today!!!!
    I need to empty some of the water, move the fishtank about 2 feet forward, then place then place the drill and start drilling. Off course, im going to drop the waterlevel problably half way down the tank before drillin. LOL Its definitely gonna be a project in my house for this upcoming week!!!!
    Thanks for the awerenessness Otty, ill let you know ass soon as i get some thing done. Pics will be up in about 30 minutes!

6. IBMGeek

IBMGeek Montipora Digitata

hey turbo call me. I would not want to miss the project.;D

7. turbo4603

8. Click Here!

9. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Sucker is going to be sweeeeeet when you are done, you will be glad you drilled it. Will be a lot of work but the pay off will be as they say "Pricelesss";D

10. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Well did you get-r-dun???

11. turbo4603

LOL, no, its gonna be this week, so how many holes should i do, and were? Im thinking about just doing two holes to feed the pump, and have the spray bars go over the top. Now another thing i have to worry about, how do i get side to side flow. I know i dont need to blast the corals, but im guessing that what i plan to have will only produce back to front current.

12. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Did you look at some of the configs on OM web sight??? They have a whole bunch of different ways of doing it. Are you going to go with a OM valve since you can drill??? This will give you effect of ocean current moving back and fourth, real sweet for coral growth. This way your not blasting corals your just using volume to move water.