My closeloop system, need help!!!

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by turbo4603, Mar 1, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. turbo4603

turbo4603 Teardrop Maxima Clam

Okay, so far it all sounds good, and the pumps are not too expensive either.
    I got a very clear picture of how to set it up now. Do you all think i will have enough water movement having the spray bars on the back of the rocks, runing vertically how i installed it?
    I havent done the plumbing for the back yet, but will do this week.

2. Click Here!

3. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Just remember that you want to scoop the hole tanks water and force it towards the OF's. So if you pushed the water forward towards the front glass on the bottom then on the top had a bar to push towards the OF's you would create a CCW or CW (which ever side you are looking at) motion of water to the OF box.

4. turbo4603

Okay, so then i would need another pvc tube across the bottom front pushing everything to the top? Im a lil lost!!
    Remember this tank has rocks and sand and water.
    Thanks a lot for your help guys!!

5. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Is this a currently running? If so the you can just push from the bottom back forward towards your front glass and then put a spray bar at the top front and push towards the back OF's. All the water from the bottom will be pushed towards the glass and move upward where the spray bar will then keep the water moving by forcing it towards the back. You could limit your lines you see in the tank to two PVC's in the back and you wont see the one in the front if your water level is high enough. Sorry if I am confusing!

6. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Does this look like what I was describing??:-/

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  7. turbo4603

LOL, i was trying to place the setup you described in my mind!!!
    Let me describe my tank a lil better. You guys are helping a lot, but Turbo is not to bright and need a lil more guidance :D
    The vertical pvc that i ran behind the rocks, on each side of the overflow is 3/4 of an inch, and i drilled holes in it facin diferent direction so it can blow the rocks and stuff. I have that in place. I am going to take pictures tonight to show it. i dont have any flexible nozle that i can point to were i whant as of now(exept those of my return.) So i have that installe already. My canopy is 72 inces long(on the inside) and i have two 36" aquatinic fixtures siting inside, right on top of the brace's of the tank. I have no space on either side of the fixture to run a pvc pipe, id have to run it in the tank, and see it Coming across. Maybe when i post some pictures tonight, i could get some more guidance. I really appreciate all the help that you guys are giving me.
    So as of now Otty, i have to find a way to push the water going from the back glass toward the front, to the overflows? Oh boy!!! This is starting to become a fun topic. I REALLY APRECIATE ALL YOU GUYS ARE DOING FOR ME!!!

BTW, what is ccw or cw motion of water???

8. Click Here!

9. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Counter Clock Wise & Clock Wise.....;D

10. turbo4603

HEHEHE, i knew that!!! lol ok, so when i get home, im going to take nice clean pictures of my canopy space,and how i have the pvc in the tank set up now. Maybe i can use my return pum to push the water towards the overflow!!!
    Now im gettin a better picture of what i whant. Thanks guys!!

11. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

If you want another opinion call Paul at OceansMotion and he will give you another view of things. He was very helpful to me. PM Tangster, he may have another ideal on things, he has helped me a lot.

12. turbo4603

Yeah, i already pmed tangster. I havent spoken to paul about my tank, but i have met the guy over the phone, and he is really helpful. Thanks a lot otty, ill keep you guys posted!!