My closeloop system, need help!!!

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by turbo4603, Mar 1, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. turbo4603

turbo4603 Teardrop Maxima Clam

Okay, 1" it is!!!!!!
    Last question before i drill and plumb, 1"pvc, do i want to drill holes in it spraying everywere, or do i wanna have one big opening blowing the rocks from the bottom back to the front?

2. Click Here!

3. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

One opening at the end and maybe attach some Loc-Line: Uniseal gaskets and Locline plumbing - Salty Critter - Aqaurium plumbing supplies including bulkheads and SQWD wavemakers so you can adjust the angle of flow if need to satisfy some corals. I have a lot of 3/4" Loc-Line left after my 55 instal in your interested. 3" flair and 5/8" holes with 3/4" line to MPT thread. PM me if your interested.

4. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Got those holes done yet...;D

5. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Ain't that the truth. that man can talk. but you know I've learned something new from him every time :)

J

Last edited: Mar 30, 2007
  6. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

He didn't really ditch me for using two pumps he was really curious as to why I was using it that way. After I explained it he understood and still said I could get the same thing with one pump but I told him I travel sometimes and wanted that little piece of insurance in case one quit. Other then that Paul was very helpful.

7. turbo4603

Okay, i got the pumps already in my house. I got payed this weekend and im going to order my supersquirt. I am thinking that if i get the supersquirt in by this week, i can do all the work on the weekend. Im going to start off by buying all sorts of pvc and doing the plumbing that goes inside the tank all with 1" pvc. Then ima make the plumbing that goes from the pump to feed the lines in the tank. Once that is done, im going to place it in the tank, and drain what i have to to drill the holes. Im going to drill both holes, place bulkhead, and plumb the lines that are going to feed the pumps. The ima connect everything, and run it. Basically, today is my last day of planing and talking. Im going to start the plumbing tomorrow. Ill post pics as i go.

8. Click Here!

9. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Make sure you plan for shut off valves in case you need to work on pump or something gets lodged in the OM valve. Will save you a wet mess if you can shut the water off. Don't forget Unions too so something can be removed in the future.

10. turbo4603

Sounds good. Ima make my first home depot stop today for materials.

11. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Any holes in that thing yet?? ;D

12. turbo4603

WOW!!!!!!!! Its been a long time since i have been planing this, but i have a strict goal to finish it. I have 3 55 gallon rubbermaide tanks, ima completely drain all the water in my tank, take all the rocks fish and sand out and get it drilled. I am going to drill two 1 3/4 inch holes for my 1 inch bulkheads. and im going to plumb it with 1' pvc and place a ball valve at the end of each hole. Then ima replumb my entire setup to rigid pvc. I have clear hosing now and its filled with algae, so ima go rigid pvc. Thats my plan for this weekend. Drill and replumb the fishtank. Ill leave installing of the supersquirt and the two other pumps later.
    I also got to order new t5s! its 10 bulbs, it comes out to like 200 bucks! ouch