My Chinese 120W LED's Review thread! Lowered the lights, post #192

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Todd_Sails, Mar 17, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

Thanks man!

2. Click Here!

3. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

All my colors are really nice now.

During the middle of winter sunlight would hit my DT for about 6 weeks. I would notice that my Coral Beauty Angel would have a light blue tips of the ventral, caudal, and dorsal fins, but only really visible with the sunlinght, not my PC's, which were 10K and actinic.
    Now with my Leds, everyones color and my corals colors really pop out.
    I can now see the light blue tips of my CBA now like the sunlight.

My coral, especially my sps seem to like it so far. My green pocillipora tips look green now!

Although the ratio of blue to white is 5:6, I'm still getting use to how much blue it is.

My review is after one day I"m really happy, and no more bulb issues either. By the time this wears out, Led's may be old school by then!

4. Nismo400rgtr

Nismo400rgtr Teardrop Maxima Clam

Kudos to you for making the plunge that others wouldn't for "off-brand" product. They look amazing for only two over such a long tank! Please keep this updated.

5. Anldyxp

Anldyxp Skunk Shrimp

$150?! That's a great deal if the quality is there. I payed about the same price for the crappy marineland double bright(mostly likely made in china too) thing when i first got into the hobby =/

6. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Thanks,
    Actually, My PC's, with new bulbs were about this bright. They were on the tank rim however, etc. I have these hanging 8 inches off the water.

I think my corals are going to really like it, my fish seem to already enjoy.

7. Nismo400rgtr

How do the fans work on the
    Fixture? Do they have some sort of thermal inner controller or are they on whenever both whites/blues are on?

8. Click Here!

9. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

They are on whenever either set in on.

Actually, I thought they'd be louder. My DT is in my family room, and it's not bad at all.

You do hear the fans, but it is very quiet. I sure they could be shrouded some how if needed.

10. Nismo400rgtr

Cool! I'm considering a purchase as they seem tough to beat for the price. It would lack the flexibility of color of my current set-up though, as I have UV's and Red's and regular blues in place along with the usual cool whites and royal blues.

11. mails2thiagu

mails2thiagu Feather Duster

Those Led fixtures looks great and 150$ for them great deal. Is there way to make them dimmable by adding separate controller? also do they provide any warranty?

12. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

I think it said 2 yr warranty, what ever that means in reality, I hope I don't have to find out.

I don't see why they couldn't be dimmed, but I really don't know anything about dimming LED's.

My Coral seem to be loving it. I really didn't do much acclimating at all. A few hours the first day, them back to my 8 hr. blues, 10 hr white and blue.

When the blues are on, it really is kind of overwhelming.

Maybe someone who knows will chime in?