My BoostLed par30 Lamp

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by NU-2reef, Mar 4, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. NU-2reef

NU-2reef Montipora Digitata

The bulb is friggin awesome;D anyone still on the fence with LED's need to give it a try.

Im thinking I need to switch the T5's on my 29g to a few of these par30's. I spend more watching my 8g just because of the lights. the T5's are kinda boring now:-/

Thanks BoostLED!

2. Click Here!

3. NU-2reef

NU-2reef Montipora Digitata

GOT IT! thanks buddy no more angry face.

I know it kinda looks photoshopped but i swear it's not. LED's really make colors fluorescent. I got a green palau nepthea in there that looks crazy under LED's, the only leather i will ever own.

4. M-Ocean Man

M-Ocean Man Flame Angel

Your tank is looking great!!!

It's amazing what a few little LED's can do, huh?!

I have three of them on my 30 gallon cube and figure that they have already paid for themselves as if I had gone with T-5 or even CF - I'd would have spent as much as the fixtures in bulb replacements already! Let alone electricity!!! I am only using 30 watts or about 1 watt/gallon - does the trick!!!

These little babies rock - especially for the price. There are certainly other fantastic LED manuf. out there but for the value and customer service Boost sure puts up a fight!

5. duoc9119

duoc9119 Coral Banded Shrimp

Would it be cheaper to get a few of these Par30's for a Nanocube 28 than the Nova Extreme NEP? I'm in the process of gathering supplies for my tank and before I go and buy lights I wanted to look at all my options.

6. M-Ocean Man

M-Ocean Man Flame Angel

Over the longrun? Almost no doubt that it will be cheaper in terms of bulb replacement, heat output/cooling load, and electricity.

In the short run it also would likely be cheaper.
    If I am seeing it right that fixture is about 160 or so dollars. Right now for 180 you can get 3 boost par lamps and that will be PLENTY for any kind of coral you want. I currently have 3 over my 30 gallon and have SPS doing well both higher and lower in the tank.

7. duoc9119

Thanks for the quick reply! The Nova Extreme Pro is about $230-280 at most places. Which will defiantly be cheaper if I get 3 Par30's. Are you running the 40 or 60 degree optics on your bulbs? And how high are your bulbs from the bottom of your tank?

8. Click Here!

9. M-Ocean Man

M-Ocean Man Flame Angel

I am running 3 60 degree optics.

On the left/right are the 3RW/2CW (60 degree optics) they are about 4-6" above the water and about 20-24" above the bottom of the sand.

The middle light is an all royal blue again 60 degree optics and it is 6-10" above the water and is about 24-28" off the bottom of the sand. Just this single light by itself above the tank for actinics makes the tank GLOW. I would say a single bulb would be enough to keep softies in my tank with no problem.

10. duoc9119

Thanks for the info! Now I just need to wait for the other bulbs to be in stock. All that is in right now are the 4RB/1CW bulbs

11. BoostLED

BoostLED 3reef Sponsor

12. duoc9119

Awesome! Now all I need to do is stop bidding and lose this Ebay auction for a camera to get 3 of these bad boys! haha