My BFF (Best Fish Friend) C'MON MAN! really?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish' started by reefmonkey, Feb 12, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

HAHA!

I didn't get my full point out before, that the brine shrimp are even harder to deal with than the fish themselves!

2. Click Here!

3. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

True too

4. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

I seen these on tv a while back and the little kid in me keeps wanting to give em a try!;D

5. starfish2217

starfish2217 Horrid Stonefish

Totally saw these at the state fair this year. It was hilarioussss.

6. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

I hear ya! The conscientious me is disgusted but the lil kid is budgeting 25 bucks to place an order haha ;D

7. ReefPlayground

ReefPlayground 3reef Sponsor

oh jesus h christ. not this kinda crap again. lol.

Anyone here remember the Tetra incident after finding nemo came out? *sigh*

8. Click Here!

9. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

I don't recall that particular incident but I do remember my friend who owns a "momnpop" lfs talking about a surge of clownfish and tang sales. To this day he still has a poster on the wall right as you walk into the saltwater section of his store that depicts Nemo and reminds people that saltwater fish aren't cartoon characters and require specialized care.

10. ReefPlayground

ReefPlayground 3reef Sponsor

oh man.;p

Tetra went on the CBS morning show and showed ppl how to set-up a "proper" saltwater system...

They used a 6 gallon eclipse system. some crushed coral, tap water, and some treasure chests. they didnt talk about salinity, or how to mix the salt, anything like that. They just said drop in the salt mix and let is stir. Then they continued to drop in the cast of nemo into this 6g eclipse.

Needless to say, in the following weeks, all hell broke loose. There were some online campaigns to both CBS and Tetra to retract everything and to issue an apology, etc etc. A lot of stores stopped recommending tetra and marineland products cause of this. The video was viewable on the cbs site for all of about 3 or 4 days, it was pulled off and that episode was deleted from their list of episodes for the show.