My anenome???

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by omard, Apr 20, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

[​IMG]
    My beautiful BTA, (almost 4 months in tank now) has not made its normal daily appearance from its favorite "nesting" crevice for going on 5 days now - VERY UNUSUAL BEHAVIOUR !- :huh:

Can see edge of her and she is staying in her "shrunken" state - clowns are sticking close...so at least I know is still alive...

But in pouring thru web sites looking for something that might give me some relief from worry...I found the following...

Rose Anenome Splits

Have no idea how long this process takes - from beginning to end...but one can only "hope" :-/

Cool slide sequence anyway...

Any words of "encouragement" (or "otherwise")

OmarD (worried :-[)

2. Click Here!

3. reefman_MC

reefman_MC Aiptasia Anemone

If it were me I would start moving some rocks around to see if i could find it. You can do that or you can just wait and hope that it's ok .

4. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Could be splitting or could be dying. Watch it closely, they are very mysterious creatures. Good luck and keep us posted!

5. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Reefman,

Did just that this evening (moved some rock around to get a better view of her) - as I said before, she looks OK, just a little bigger then fully shrunken state, clowns still waffling around in her as best they can...just no sign of normal movement or expansion.

Do anenome's go into periods of "dormacy"??? 5-6 days seems to be a long time to be like this.

Maybe "digesting" a big meal(?) (don't see anybody "big" missing :p) - now that I think about it, it was right after big weekly tank feed is when she last came out...maybe one mysid too many (???)

Will keep close eye on...

OmarD

6. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Could not stand it any longer - flipped rock over anenome was "hiding" under...and does not look bad at all...

Maybe "foot" stuck? - Guess if she still wants some "dark" time, she can move back..

Pic's taken just minutes ago...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still not normal "full" self, but does not appear to be in danger of wasting away & no signs of ill effects...

Will keep close eye on.

Om

7. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Thanks for the update Scott!