My adult clown trigger is dieing!!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by whiptofiz, Sep 9, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

beautiful fish ...good luck i hope it pulls threw this

2. Click Here!

3. whiptofiz

whiptofiz Fire Worm

I thought I mentioned he was an adult. So do you think I should move him to my larger tank? I was thinking that would be to stressful. But if you think the qt tank size is affecting him the maybe I should do a move with some stress releaver?

4. Triggerfish

Triggerfish Ritteri Anemone

It must still be stressed, moving would stress it even more. You should leave it a while in there then move it. It looks very healthy so it should pull through, although the 55 is still too small for the fish.

1 person likes this.
  5. whiptofiz

whiptofiz Fire Worm

Still has not ate and just wants to hang in his cave :( Maybe 1 - 2 hours of swim time today, and when he was swimming he stayed low and basicly mouth against the glass. Poor guy

6. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

I haven't kept a Clown Trigger, but his colors look really good. A short hunger strike would not be uncommon, though, but he should start to eat soon. After he gets comfortable, the tank size will be more of an issue for his tankmates. One problem with 55's is that they are very narrow front to back. This means that when fish swim past each other, they will be very close. Sometimes that's not a good thing, like keeping a Clown Trigger. He is a very beautiful fish, though. I hope he does well for you.

7. whiptofiz

whiptofiz Fire Worm

Hes coming out a bit more. Ate yesterday! (not really just the worlds smallest peice of food) But progress

8. Click Here!

9. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

well thats good news :)

10. whiptofiz

whiptofiz Fire Worm

He is looking good and moving around. Not really eating while I'm around. I think he is at night cause I don't see him eating but food disappears and I see bite marks on the rocks. He is in a small qt and I'm wondering if I should move him now. He has been in qt for 8+ days and I'm wondering if the small tank is the reason that he seems so glum, since he's a 5 inch long trigger, and does not want to eat (in front of anyone anyways). What is everyones opinion? He is in my qt with a juv blue angel I got close to the same time. Blue angel is ready to go but I did not wanna stick a net in the qt tank and freak out the trigger untill I was ready to move them both

11. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

I Guess, what size tank is the QT, and is there anything in it for the fish to hide in? Also, are you treating them for anything in the QT? Another big consideration is what size DT the fish are going in.

12. whiptofiz

whiptofiz Fire Worm

In a 15 gallon lots of places to hide and that's what he is doing. Going to a 65 (said 55 before sorry) and hopefully a 180 that a friend is letting go in 8 months. I know 65 is still small for the trigger but it is all I have for now. He is not moving around to much today says my wife (I'm at work and surfing on my mobile) just hiding out in his cave. I just feel sorry for him in that 15 gal