My 75G Tank Build

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by mlott132, May 25, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Soggytoes

Soggytoes Flamingo Tongue

love that stand! Where did you get it from?

2. Click Here!

3. mlott132

mlott132 Fire Worm

Built it myself.

4. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

If you have algae growing get the cuc in there ASAP before it gets outta control.;)

5. mlott132

mlott132 Fire Worm

Have an email into John to get this done.;D

6. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

ok but check out his site too, he's gonna recommend a basic snail pack that is great, but look at urchins, limpets, emerald and hermit crabs with EXTRA SHELLS, chitons, macro algae and other stuff he has too. Def the way to go, i just personally love my other critters instead of just snails. An emerald emerald crab or 3 would be great for the algae, make sure ya let John know how much and type of algae too.

Congrats

1 person likes this.
  7. mlott132

mlott132 Fire Worm

Thanks for the tip. I sent him a message for a custom crew, so I will find out what he comes back with. I will post his recommendation tomorrow and see what your thought are. I agree with you about wanting more variety, don't want to end up with a tank full of snails. Any urchins you would recommend staying away from? I am planning on getting a couple cleaner shrimp down the road.

8. Click Here!

9. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Well hermits and urchins can both be a bit of a bulldozer knocking stuff over, but he has excellent descriptions of their own pluses and minuses for each. I have a blue tuxedo and pincushion and love them. I also love/hate my hermits too. just read up a bit on each and decide it ya can deal with they're downfalls.lol

10. mlott132

mlott132 Fire Worm

Here is John's revised list for my cuc. I was going to add an urchin or two, but I think they are going to get too big for my tank. Some of them get to be around 5 inches in diameter.

20 Dwarf Ceriths
    11 Nassarius
    11 Florida Ceriths
    7 Assorted Hermits
    1 Emerald Crab
    4 Large Nerite and 7 Small to medium Nerites
    2 Chitons and 3 Limpets

11. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Looks good to me. Don't get an urchin unless you're 100% for it, as some can be bull dozers. I have 2 in my tank and love them. enjoy your critters;)

12. mlott132

mlott132 Fire Worm

Well things are moving right along. Just finished part 1 of my first water change. Only have a 20 gal Brute so I am going to do two 15 gal changes. My cuc should arrive from reefcleaners tomorrow so I will have a little more life in the tank. Finally, going to purchase my first fish this weekend and get him in my qt. Starting out with a purple firefish for now. My plan is to add a fish every other month. Is that enough time as to not greatly effect the tank?