My 600 gallon reef tank

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by saltyfish808, Sep 27, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. saltyfish808

saltyfish808 Flamingo Tongue

Lol, only in the tank room

2. Click Here!

3. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

well, that's a great place to be organized - I'm never posting pictures of my house or under my tank :)

4. saltyfish808

I'm in there every day tinkering or cleaning something, it's nice to have my hobby in its own room!

5. saltyfish808

6. saltyfish808

7. Sataly

Sataly Coral Banded Shrimp

I'm dying right now. I can not wait to have my own place and get soemthing like that.

8. Click Here!

9. APC

APC Gigas Clam

Tank looks great! My only advice - trade in that little bit of Green Star Polyps you have there - unless you really love it. I love GSP - I love the way it looks, I love the way it flows in the current, and just looks so alive. However - that one little bit...will get on a snail shell...or a bit will break off and it will drift to some unseen part of your tank...and then next thing you know...you have another colony of it...then another one...and another one. Its like a never ending game of wack-a-mole. I have probably 6-8 bits of GSP in my tank now and it is a constant struggle to keep it in check. My tank is 250 gallons and I thought I had plenty of room for it. I was wrong. Many years from now, when my kids are grown and we move again - I am going to start over - no GSP.

10. saltyfish808

11. saltyfish808

Well , I got a some goodies for the tank room. I have decided to put in a dedicated a/c unit in the room, taking off the house system. I will also be installing an exhaust vent in the room. Many things led to this decision , so my new projects are starting.

[​IMG]

i ran the electrical last weekend

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

chris adams likes this.
  12. saltyfish808

Well I got to knock out some stuff on my new project!

Saturday I got to form up a little pad for the ac , I took down the fan and replaced the light

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sunday I ran all ac lines and got both pieces placed. I installed the exhaust fan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i still have a bunch of loose ends to finish up, but all the attic work is out of the way at least

cody3819 and chum like this.