My 55g Tank

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by italymanru, Mar 21, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. italymanru

italymanru Astrea Snail

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Here is a shot of my rock set up. there is a lot of tunnels that they manage their way through and one nice cave (front and back entrance though). Let me know what everyone thinks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2008
  2. Click Here!

3. Seppish

Seppish Fire Worm

Very Nice! I'm jeaous I think I need more live rock : ( Very nice tank though, I like the cave that's pretty unique never seen one that deep.

4. matt s

matt s Flamingo Tongue

Looks good! How many pounds of rock is that? I'm setting up my 55 and should be ordering rock before too long here.

5. italymanru

italymanru Astrea Snail

I bought 55 lbs in June of last year then added about another 55 lbs a few months ago. I then took about 5 lbs out and currently seeding my brothers nano tank and gave him some water. From my readings I read you should have 1.5 to 2 lbs per gallon which is what I have but I do not know if you are supposed to account for the displacement of water?! I like it though and the fish seem to love it! It also really helps as a great biological filter to aid with my canister!

6. Godbert

Godbert Montipora Capricornis

looking very good i like the rock setup, i couldnt help but notice you have some gobies, is your foundation set?

7. italymanru

italymanru Astrea Snail

by set do you mean secure? If so then yes I hope haha because the def tunnel under them. All the pieces that are on the base are bigger and heavier and i put them down so that they dont wobble at all. I made sure every piece is secured somehow and none of the budge...barely even if i try to move them again!