My 55g 2.0

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by mdbostwick, Mar 16, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

humm well take one from the middle and move it under more direct light and see what happens!

2. Click Here!

3. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

Yeah.... they are encrusted to the rockwork and the rock is too big to set somewhere else without rearranging a lot of rocks.

I don't really want to redo my scape but I may have to consider that.

4. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

Well encrusting is not a bad sign :)

mdbostwick likes this.
  5. mdbostwick

This is the one doing the worst.There are 2 whitish areas which are where i broke off pieces which the flesh was coming off. You can see there is a little PE on the left side of it but not so much on the right side. I am going to try to find a picture of it when it looked most healthy. this one.jpg

Edit: I did adjust the color a bit so it more represents the actual color of the coral instead of the color washed out like all the pictures I take.

Attached Files:

6. mdbostwick

My usual blurry photo but at least you can tell what it looked like. This was taken on Feb 24 so 2 months ago.
    feb24 green.JPG

7. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

I'd stop interfering so much and changing one thing after another. It's tough to make ever coral happy all the time. Let them acclimate to your current setup as it resides today.

Go slow, let it grow.

DSC reef likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. mdbostwick

The only change i made was diluting the kalk since the alk has risen and added a little MG because it was too low.

I decided i wouldn't change anything else and just see what happens. It actually has the polyps coming out a bit right now so hopefully it will start growing again.

civiccars2003 likes this.
  10. mdbostwick

Current parameters:
    Nitrate < 0.1
    Phosphate undetectable
    SG 1.026
    Temp 77.5
    pH 8.21
    Alk 228
    Cal 460
    Mag 1500

20150623_122119.jpg

That's Jeremiah watching his fish swim around.

It has been a couple months since i updated here. No new additions or anything and no good growth to speak of but i wanted to put a new FTS up at least.

My Alk was high today when i tested so i am diluting my kalk in my ATO a bit so it will decrease slowly. No real effects on the corals though.

The dinos are fading away now so it doesn't look awful anymore. I haven't done a WC since they appeared, should i just go back to my normal WC schedule or should i do a larger one this time, then back to regular? I have never had dino before so not sure what i need to do.

Corailline likes this.
  11. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Alk. definitely needs to come down. If you are dosing, I would stop. At this point, it's really unnecessary considering your coral load.

Have you checked your coral for bugs recently?

mdbostwick likes this.
  12. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

That tank is looking nice. The cleaner shrimp are right up there cool.

AWESOME the dino is starting to fade. NO I would not do a water change, your N/P numbers are fine. Give it awhile, just keep topping off. Your on the right track, let the Alk drift down.

mdbostwick, DSC reef and zesty like this.