My 30Long sump/fuge design.

Discussion in 'Refugium' started by Magnus, Feb 18, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Since I also promised I would post pictures of my tank, before and after style, here I go from the very beginning:

This is 3 weeks after I first started it in sept '09 with under gravel filter system and gravel substrate (pretty bad for reef tank):
    EDIT: I can't, for the life of me, find the very first tank picture when I had the gravel, two fake logs on each side of the tank with two fake plants behind them. If I find it, I will post it.

Later, I added some more rock, started playing with placing and also started to make a commitment to build a reef tank, now there was no turning back:
    [​IMG]

Soooo...a few weeks after that, I added tons of base rock to better my filtration, and the whole mess started:
    [​IMG]

Who would have thought that after the way that tank looked, I was going to read so much, browse so much and have so much interest in this as I did, to finally say: OK!! I NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS TANK AND SOON!!!!

Soooo... Here it is, as it stands now, my 55 gallon tank, with 30 gallon long sump:
    [​IMG]

I'm sure I'll keep messing with the rock work, but for now, I'm fairly happy with it when comparing with the way it was originally set up. I will eventually stock it more when I get a job (being laid off also put a lot of thins off for now, so I'll have to be patient).... time, I have. Patience... I guess I also have some ;)

Thanks for watching.

- Magnus.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. Nealio

Nealio Coral Banded Shrimp

Very nice, I like how it's coming along.