My 30g

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by JediReefer, Jun 1, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JediReefer

JediReefer Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I didnt get good pics of everything but heres the list.

Clean Up
    8 Turbo Snails
    2 Sand Sifting Stars

Inverts
    Green BTA
    Coral Banded Shrimp
    Feather Caulerpa

Corals
    Frogspawn
    Torch
    Starburst Polyp
    Flower Pot
    Colt
    Carnation
    Toadstool
    Green Striped Mushrooms
    Fuzzy Grass Mushroom

Fish
    Coral Beauty Angel
    Clarkii Clown

CLICK IMAGES FOR ORIGINAL SIZE

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Cool tank man! 8)

I like the leather and it's placement a lot.

4. Urban_s

Urban_s Sea Dragon

Nice looking tank!! What kind of sand is that?

5. rickzter

rickzter Torch Coral

Beautiful tank, nice aquascape! A couple of things you shouldn't of purchased.

Coral Beauty Angel

This guy will nip at your coral, you will regret this dude.

Two Sand Sifter Stars

Two sand sifters is too much for a 30g. I had one and mine died 3 months later. I really dont recommend these for anything smaller than a 100g or have super cultured and mature sand bed. They need ample space to dig in the sand. Those creatures spend 99.9% of their time in the sand. If you have noticed, when they crawl on the glass, they will end up falling cuz all they want to do is dig. If you want something to clean your sand, add bottom dwelling gobies like watchman's, redhead gobies, etc.

Coral Banded Shrimp

I have recommended this guy in the past, but now I am really regretting it and I'm trying to figure out how to take his ass out of my tank! This guy is too aggressive, too territorial and plainly just a real ass of a shrimp! This will depend on each person, but I though I'd share my two cents on him. Nothing wrong with this choice, although you will end up regretting that little bastard. The golden coral banded is less aggressive and much better choice I've heard.

Caleurpa

This thing is nothing more than a really nasty weed. It will thrive fast and spread fast, you will regret introducing this guy in your tank. I have resorted to excluding any type of caluerpa in my tank. I have seen this thing take over tanks before, completely. Tried cheatomorpha but kind of difficult to keep happy in a reef. Better suited for refugium.

Carnation

Guaranteed this guy will die. Have you read up on it? This guy eats all day! You will first start to notice that it will sag, then... die. This coral requires constant bursts of plankton and filter feeding food all day and can only be kept by Expert marine hobbyists with sophisticated feeding tactics. I really dont know why they ship this guy if his care is not possible in the hobby, atleast not yet.

Please dont take this advice as an insult, just trying to push you in the right direction! ;D

Last edited: Jun 1, 2006
  6. JediReefer

JediReefer Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Ive had the 2 sand sifters for 1 year doing great. Ive had the carnation for 8 months, I feed it everyday. I trim the caleurpa and it hasnt left the rock I purchased it on. Thanks anyways though :)

Everything has been happy for over a year, maybe you had some sour luck?

Ive been in the hobby for a while now, and love the work it takes to keep those corals.

7. morejongg

morejongg Astrea Snail

I agree nice looking tank.

8. Click Here!

9. jonathan

jonathan Aiptasia Anemone

kontroversey-

beautiful tank...i wanted to know what foods you are feeding your dendronephthya and how many times a day are you feeding? and do you know if the coral was propagated or wild when you bought it. thanks.

10. Reef Lover

Reef Lover Sea Dragon

If the carnation was propagated it will be easier to keep. Mix selcon with every feed, it had fatty acids. I would also use cyclopeeze to feed it. It's high in protein 63% and fat 24%, compared to plankton protein 2.70% and fat .60%. You should do fine.

11. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator