my 30g project

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums' started by acemow, Mar 8, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. acemow

acemow Purple Spiny Lobster

Well, I finally picked up my son's old 30g freshwater tank. I can't be sure no copper was used in it, so I'm just going fresh. I have a 75g reef and 5g nano reef. I'm scopin everything out on fresh setups. I'm going with plants and two HOB filters that are fairly new. Just cleaned everything up and workin on where to put it and probably altering the electric setup, too. I'll post pics as I go.

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Can't wait to see your choice of plants, looking forward to your build.

4. slocal

slocal Doot!

I've seen some planted freshies that have been absolutely stunning. Good luck!

5. acemow

30g is up and cycling with three small mickey mouse platys in, and a java fern, anubias, also, for now. It looks cloudier than it is because of my camera, starting to test today, day three of fish being in.

Attached Files:

6. acemow

This is the tank before setup, and the beginning of stand, we're adding a cabinet under the stand, just adding onto it as we go, it's DIY with scraps from around the house, only purchase was the railing posts, super cheap. Used Flourite as the base for planting and just accented with some river rock and black gravel. Vacuuming is going to be a bit more time consuming so I don't disturb the different substrates too much, but worth the extra effort because I like the look of the base.

Attached Files:

7. Plantman

Plantman Plankton

Hey buddy, I am going to put that Co2 how to up tonight. However if you want those plants to live without algae you are going to need to replace those two HOB with a canister system. I would suggest and Eheim 2215, you won't have to touch it for over 6 months and your plants will thrive!

Forget about Co2 with HOB filters, it's pointless. Because the Co2 will be coming out of the water faster then you can put it in.

8. Click Here!

9. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Looks like a lot of fun! congrats!!