My 1st coral!

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by GeejEx, Apr 7, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

It could work for you also, that new guy may sell you something cheaper than what it really is.

2. Click Here!

3. tazzy695

tazzy695 Feather Duster

just out of curiosity how much did you pay for that coral you may have gotten a very good deal

also do you have pics of it now that it should be happier

4. BaxterS80

BaxterS80 Pajama Cardinal

5. GeejEx

GeejEx Skunk Shrimp

All the softies and SPS's are pretty much the same price- $18.99 for anything not under MH lights, with a few exceptions.
    BTW it's about 4" x1.5". I wanted something with a decent size so I could see the changes as it settles in.

More pix, new location, still not 100% (I think?)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  6. tazzy695

tazzy695 Feather Duster

ok from your new pics I can definately say it is a brain as I can actualy see the mouth this time I would stay with my original guess of a lobo or maby even tackyphoria (spelling)

just so you know the majority of brain corals prefer to be down in the sand so I would say move it back down to the bottom

7. GeejEx

GeejEx Skunk Shrimp

Thanks! He's back in the sand. Still not "expanding" much, but some polyps were out this morning around the inside rim, and he fed a bit when a chunk of clam fell in.

8. Click Here!

9. Executivelevel

Executivelevel Peppermint Shrimp

well, whatever it is, it is very nice, and for only $18, cant beat it..

10. GeejEx

GeejEx Skunk Shrimp

Thanks! Next up is a pulsing xenia that was my second choice or a zoa. Also $18- how long should I wait to add it?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  11. tazzy695

tazzy695 Feather Duster

do you have a local reef forum if so check it out people give pulsing xeina and gsp away on a regular basis

I know I am a member of michigan reefers or at least was till they banned me and I give the stuff away about once a month FREE

12. Lmecher

Lmecher Plankton

I don't understand the fascination with pulsing xeina. I bought a candycane with a tiny bit attached and within a few months it spread all over my other corals and invaded my zoas, a nightmare to get rid of. If a speck is left it grows back. You literally have to scrub the area to get rid if it. From experience I'd isolate it and watch unless you want a a whole tank of the stuff.