My 1200 gallon!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums' started by cosmo, Mar 22, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

well i ordered 24 chickens online a few years ago and the trashed my yardl
    i had to add the chickens i this to save $20 in shipping. The chickens will be rehomed, really only want the turkeys. Gonna clip their wings as we have a coy dog issue around here these days. i'm working on solving that but between them and coons, its a battle.

2. Click Here!

3. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

ok 6 turkeys and 4 chickens heading this way! pretty cool looking birds though! Gonna build a roost in the trees for them.

4. Nu-Nu

Nu-Nu Bubble Tip Anemone

Wait 6 turkeys now?!? Man thats going to hold you for many thanksgivings :) lol jk

5. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

yeah, gonna keep prob 3 pf them and the rest will go to friends. Had to order that many so they ship. baby birds need warmth. I'll raise them all and keep the coolest 3-4.

6. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

oh and 1 will be for thanksgiving for sure.

7. Moxtrain

Moxtrain Peppermint Shrimp

That made me smile sir. I was wondering but the tactful way to broach that question was eluding me.

8. Click Here!

9. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Lol! Free range turkey! Yummy!

10. tom.n.day

tom.n.day Eyelash Blennie

you will want to kill it before 6 months- they get tough

which turkeys did you get? I doubt your will have to clip their wings. Domestic turkeys are much to fat to fly. Unless you ordered "wild turkeys" they shouldn;t be able to even hop a fence. Especially the males who are the most fun turkeys in my opinion. Did you get any polish chickens? Those were my favorites

11. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

I saw the polish and thought about it but didn't. I got broad breasted bronze turkeys. A domesticated bread so we will see.

12. Nu-Nu

Nu-Nu Bubble Tip Anemone

At our cabin my brother an i were walking in the woods with our dog (a yellow lab) and we came across, i kid you not, 50-60 wild turkeys each weighing about 150 pounds. They were sooo fat it was crazy so we chased them for about 50 or so yards and they were trying to fly. Eventually they got off the ground but it took them like a long time, slowly rising like a huge commercial airplane. Haha it was so funny, my dog was going nuts. Anyways... I thought i would share my turkey story :)

1 person likes this.