Mushrooms

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by crustytheclown, Apr 21, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. crustytheclown

crustytheclown Eyelash Blennie

So i have some awesome ricordeas that are lying on my sand bed right now. I want them to spread and multiply but i dont really want them to spread to my larger rocks. I would like them to stay in the bottom parts of the tank. Is there any way to get them to spread across the floor of the tank? I was thinking that putting some LR rubble around the mushroom patch might help! They are really colorful and i want more of them, i just dont want them climbing up the reef.:confused:
    Any suggestions?

2. Click Here!

3. NU-2reef

NU-2reef Montipora Digitata

putting rubble down and around it will help but the shroom should have no reason to climb if they are recieveing enough light. if they are not getting the light they need then yes they will climb the rock to get to a better spot. remember the ricordea shroom is in the family of anemone. feeding cyclopeeze every now and then will help them grow and spread.

here is some basic info on ricordeas
    http://www.ricordea-farm.com/english/index-eng.html

4. crustytheclown

crustytheclown Eyelash Blennie

cool. yeah i feed the tank about twice a week with a good blend of different foods! I love them and just want them to spread to an extent