Mushroom overload

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by epsilon, Mar 17, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. epsilon

epsilon Feather Star

Update

Well, i just tried the pop bottle method. Didn't have time to run by the store and pick up the veil like material so used what i had on hand. So far i think it'll work great.

Little mystery popped up though. I had tossed a couple of the huge free floaters (2-3'' diameter) and a couple smaller ones in my sump yesterday. Went to grab em today and the two big ones were no where to be found! Then i tried to unplug my skimmer to look around it better and i accidentally unplugged my main pump. No biggie, plugged it back in and nothing happened! Started panicking and tried several plugs to no avail. Took the thing apart and everything seemed fine, there was a small bit of gunk build up but nothing major. Put it back together, held my breath, plugged it in, and thank God the thing purred back to life! Scared the crap outa me though...

i'll post a pic of my submarine after the water clears up a bit from all the commotion...

And seriously, if there's ne1 close by that wants a frag or to trade something else i'm game!

<<<Toledo, Ohio>>>

2. Click Here!

3. epsilon

epsilon Feather Star

oh, one more question...

What's the best method of removing things from glass??? half my "free floaters" managed to attach themselves to the glass since the last time i took a close look. Would still like to get those out as well...

4. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

Razor blade to scrape/cut them off.
    I'm no expert but is what the person did to get some waving hands off the glass when I bought some from him.

5. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

I am dying to see your tank.

6. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

no doubt!! i want to see what a mushroom infested tank looks like!! I live in Zanesville Ohio,but that's 3 hours from Toledo,allthough i'd love to take a couple off your hands,i can't justify driving that far.

7. epsilon

epsilon Feather Star

lol talk about coincidences... i work for an IT company that manages broadband connections for rite aid. I'm working on a Zanesville location remotely right now and decided to pull this up while i'm on hold.

I'll get you all some picks of the tank. Unfortunately/fortunately, i've already gathered up about 1/2 the stray shrooms so it's not nearly as bad as it used to be.

8. Click Here!

9. epsilon

epsilon Feather Star

i've been kinda embarrassed with my tank for a long time. Had nasty algae buildup and no money to do anything about it. Finally got another circulation pump and found a lfs that sells snails/crabs at a decent price for onsie twosies so i've been grabbing a couple every time i go in for live food for my newest tankmate. Slow going but i can already see a difference! I'm so excited

10. OnefishTwofish

OnefishTwofish Feather Star

don't ask where I got this.....just rest assured that my gaming friends are crazy sometimes.

Your whole "overrun by mushrooms" dilemma made me think of this so I dug it up for you. Forgive me in advance!

Shrooms - Weebl's Stuff

(just make sure the speakers are turned down as it is loud!).

I hope you work out the mushroom thing. When you feel ready to share a pic - I would love to see them. In the meantime RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

best of luck!

:)

11. epsilon

epsilon Feather Star

some people have waaaay too much time on their hands...

12. OnefishTwofish

OnefishTwofish Feather Star

How people come up with things like that is beyond me :)
    and there is an infinite supply of it out there.