Mushroom Fragging

Discussion in 'Frags' started by 55gfowlr, Jul 30, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

They are very light tolerant. Mine are under pc's. It is possible to give them too much light, since mushrooms are a low light coral type, but it's difficult. What kind of lighting do you have?

2. Click Here!

3. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

4. solar0987

solar0987 Astrea Snail

Blender trick does in fact work. <-- i did it with watermelon mushrooms had 2 wound up with 30 all you do is blend them for about 15 seconds then pour them in a bowl with some gravel in it cover the top with netting and a rubberband and place in the bottom of the tank. Oh and another tip the less water you put in the blender the more they get blended up!
    Also you can cut the mushroom in as many pieces you want and it will all grow back if you have good tank parameters!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  5. mrsavage84

mrsavage84 Feather Duster

I have a 4 bulb t5 unit. So this should be significant for getting them to site to a rock.

6. mrsavage84

mrsavage84 Feather Duster

Will the blender trick work with ricordea?

7. Romie

Romie Feather Duster

i super glued my mushrooms to rocks plenty of times

just dry off the rock put a small glob of glue stick the mushroom on push it on just a bit let it sit out of the water for 10 secs then put back in some water (not the tank but container) for another 30 sec to a min and they are stuck!