Mushroom Fragging

Discussion in 'Frags' started by 55gfowlr, Jul 30, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. rc_mcwaters3

rc_mcwaters3 Clown Trigger

agreed if you do try it let me know how it works out.

BTW what did you use for the mesh? and how long did it take for the shrooms take to attach to the rock?

2. Click Here!

3. Coastie Reefer

Coastie Reefer Millepora

LOL Are you kidding me!!!! If he does it he damn well better video it!!!;D;D;D

4. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

Wow, I didn't even think of that. If it works, that could be an awesome video. Otherwise, it would just be a disaster.

5. rc_mcwaters3

rc_mcwaters3 Clown Trigger

yea that would piss PETA off just a hair ;D;D;D

6. Anthos312

Anthos312 Millepora

Hm blender method sounds like a bs wise-tale to me. However i can guarantee you that any mushroom no matter how small will grow back. I have numerous times attempted to split one mushroom in tank and it repeatedly separates and grows back together (ARGHHHH). And i have even tried fragging a different mushroom, completely and unfortunately butchered it horribly wrong, where all that was left was two tiny pieces of the foot and now i have two new mushrooms :). Very resilient little creatures

7. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

I'll be the first to tell you, if I propagated mushroom that didn't exist in the first place out of nothing, then I can do with it what I want. Now, if I place a bacterial spawn in a blender, and make hundreds of more spawns from it, then I'm just assisting the survival of the species.......If it takes one experiment to try and assist a species from an experimented propagation of the same species, I'll try it.
    If it were possible to clothe every poor child in the world from just chopping up one pair of shorts, wouldn't you try?........

8. Click Here!

9. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

HAHA....I sound like a raving idiot, but that's only cause I'm drunk,,,lol......ENJOY

10. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

But...,,,,I did read about the blender tale.......that's not "Made Up"

11. Anthos312

Anthos312 Millepora

Haha awesome. Well i dont think im going to give it a try, mainly cause i hate to think of drinking something out of something i made a cocktail of goopy coral toxin s#*t haha.

12. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

Week 3, Look closely, you can see my new feather duster with his head popped off, lol, compliments of a stubborn Emerald Crab that couldn't resist messing with the "New Guy", I had to move it up there with the mushrooms to keep him off the "crab rock". Apparently Emeralds get territorial?....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]