mushroom frag question.

Discussion in 'Frags' started by Dasco, Apr 15, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 71sbeetle

71sbeetle Fire Shrimp

someone gave me 2 mushrooms, one red with white stripe and a nice bright blue one, I attached both to frag rocks with rubber bands and placed them in low flow area ..... they were both gone in the AM ::)

2. Click Here!

3. scubba.steve

scubba.steve Coral Banded Shrimp

Well im sure they would have been gone if you didnt attach bridal veil, or something over the rock to keep them from blowing away

4. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

Another idea is to place them in a container with a layer of sand on the bottom. Cut out holes in the sides and top for flow. In a day or two the foot will be covered with sand. With the sand-covered foot, you can then superglue them to rocks, or plugs.

5. stepperbabe

stepperbabe Astrea Snail

frag box

pet shopp's sell little plastic land hermit crab cages , they have them in really small sizes and they have tops with holes in them , I would place a little sand in the bottom and then place the mushroom piece in there ,attached anyway you like to their rock , they would get no current but would get light and have a better chance to attach fast,you can place it at the bottom of your tank.

6. Nightstick

Nightstick Purple Spiny Lobster

Should take a weak to attach, they want to find a home so give them a rock and some light and you will see results. Once attached don't be affraid to frag them!