Mushroom Coral

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by LCP136, Oct 29, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. LCP136

LCP136 Sailfin Tang

Will mushroom coral spread in fish tanks?

2. Click Here!

3. Hackem688

Hackem688 Millepora

4. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

yes fish won't eat them

5. REDMANS CUBE

REDMANS CUBE Fire Shrimp

do u mean just regular muchrooms? i started out with one green hairy muchroom and now have 3.

6. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

It's like any other coral, if you have the right conditions and steady parameters, your corals will do great and prosper.

7. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

I just got one of these about three weeks ago. I am hoping it will become the centerpiece of my tank. Here is a pic before it was fully acclimated, when the stalk was a little receded.

[​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. Rachelle

Rachelle Plankton

Mushroom corals are hardy and make ideal corals for the beginner reef aquarist. Mushrooms that have long tentacles are aggressive toward other types of corals, so provide these corals with adequate space. Mushroom corals, also called Corallimorphs or mushroom anemones are very hardy corals, and one of the best for the beginner reef aquarium. Amon one of the best beginner corals, they can even be maintained in aquariums with just sand substrate, live rock, and an airstone for water movement and oxygenation. This is because they will tolerate high levels of nitrate and other organic compounds. Actinodiscus corals or mushroom corals have been around for as long as hobbyists have been keeping reef tanks. They are probably one of the easiest soft corals to find although getting a nice assortment is not the case. Purple and reddish ones are widely available.
    ----------------
    Rachelle

Guaranteed ROI

10. mr5boros

mr5boros Plankton

Is falling coral normal?

i had recently purchased a blue mushroom coral and just today one of the corals fell from the rock it was attached too. does anyone know if that's normal?

11. hitman35

hitman35 Purple Spiny Lobster

yeah the guy could be searchin for a new place to start his colony or so. he may jus be movin lol

12. Rawdogz

Rawdogz Torch Coral

lol yea they have mood swings, about locations time to time. i cant count the amount of time my shrooms has moved