Murdering Longfin Fairy Wrasse?

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Jup4_Lita85, Sep 20, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jup4_Lita85

Jup4_Lita85 Astrea Snail

Feeding the tank last night and I find my Chalk Basslet dead! I have had him since April 2011. I added a Longfin Fariy Wrasse to the tank Last Thursday. Though I never saw any fin damage, Larry(Chalk Basselet) was not the first one out for food since Monday. That is unusual. Usually he pushes the other fish out of the way.

Could my Longfin Fairy Wrasse(Iggy) be a murder? Iggy was chowing down on poor Larry when I found him yesterday:(

Is this typical Fairy wrasse behavior? I had a McCosker's Flasher Wrasse in the tank for over a year before he died and there was never any problems.

Iggy is currently in a 75 gal tank with 1 Picasso clown and 1 black bar chromis.

2. Click Here!

3. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

It's possible, but not terribly likely. However, C. rubriventralis is known to be moderately aggressive fairy, and may well be too dominate for Paracheilinus wrasses to co-exist alongside it. As for the chalk bass, that would be less likely to be a problem, but not impossible as I said.