mr. coral? Think twice

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by reefmonkey, Dec 24, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

I've bought dozens of 10 and 20 frags from vendors on line and got exactly what I paid for. The WYSIWYG frag shown in the picture. So don't talk to me about getting what I paid for.
    I've never been one to get bent over and over pay for "mini colonies" or 1" "rare" frags. The sales tanks at swap shows are jam pack full of "rare" coral.
    Sonny runs a chop shop. That is the purpose of this thread.
    His reputation is entirely different if you look at it 9 years ago. Apparently he has fall to greed.

2. Click Here!

3. Cjiggajess

Cjiggajess Bristle Worm

I couldnt agree more! The point is hes selling WYSIWYG frags and hes not delivering it. Plain and simple.

4. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

Just read through the whole thread. I am sorry you are having issues. It truely sucks when vendors don't care about their customers.

5. Nvizn

Nvizn Montipora Digitata

Sorry to hear about the poor experience. :-(

6. Mawnkey

Mawnkey Ritteri Anemone

Reefmonkey,

I appreciate what you are doing here. I was looking to purchase some corals from mrcoral and happened to stumble across this thread. I will be sure to avoid doing businesses with them. Anyone know of a good wysiwyg site that sells cheap $10-20 frags that are actually wysiwyg? Once again, thank you reefmonkey and I feel so bad for your family who was only trying to give you a great gift.

Best wishes,
    Mawnkey

7. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

saltcritter.com, spikescorals and saltyunderground all have wysiwyg sections for under 20.

8. Click Here!

9. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

Pacific East Aquaculture has some for ~15-20$

10. Ehnohsee

Ehnohsee Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Sad to hear you had such a bad experience. I ordered 13 corals from them and only had 1 end up dying, which I think is pretty fantastic.
    Even when ordering I had forgotten to include one of the free promotion corals, gave them a call and they explained my order was delayed due to the large amount of orders they received during their thanksgiving sale and my order would ship the next week and the coral I forgot to add would be included.

11. goliwala

goliwala Plankton

This is so true. I ordered 14 frags from his $10 and $20 collection. Guess what, none of the $20 frags were in the package and some of the $10 were missing as well. Instead, he sent me some garbage that barely survived a week in my tank before melting away. A complete rip off.

12. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

This is the way Cheryl looks at it (as if you care) if you have not heard about or read the reviews of said distributor well then.